cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: Note 9 audio output

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had the same happen on multiple sanding phones over the years . It's terribly annoying and I've found no solution other than the (unacceptable) reboot

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Rebooting the phone does not fix the issue for me.  Audio is locked to the phone's speakers after rebooting and plugging in my headset.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user3aoDVbx5wI hello, have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided by @SamsungMod23?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a similar problem.  Bluetooth headphones connected, with all options selected: "connected for call audio, media audio, contact access".

I am listening to music via bluetooh, but when a call comes in, the call ringtone is coming through the PHONE speakers, not the bluetooth headphones.  Uh... Samsung?  What the heck?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this happen if your device is in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

+1  I don't use headphones often.  But it seems that almost every time I have, they have not worked.  This has been with at least 3 different headphones.  On occasion, restarting the phone has worked, but not reliably.  And the problem is that when I do need to use headphones, it's usually for something like a Webex meeting and I can't really afford to wait for a restart.  Bluetooth has worked well in the car, so I think this has something to do with the physical connection.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, give this a shot. There may be an app interfering.  This can show which apps are causing battery issues, viruses, malware or app crashes.

Device maintenance > App issue report

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Restarting the phone is neither ideal or reliable, a consistent fix which is slightly less inconvenient is to connect to your Bluetooth device then slide down the notification center from the top of the screen, you will see you connected Bluetooth devices under the "smart things" section, tap the one you wish to set as your audio output then tap connected device settings and enable the ”audio" option you will then see the volume bar drop down from the top of the screen informing you that your audio output device has changed and your audio will now be sent to that device as expected.

Seems long winded now I've written it down but I it takes about 10 seconds in practice. Hope this helps everyone and hope this get fixed soon.