cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nizmoz44
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note 9 camera freezes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No he isn't.  LOL.  Please provide proof of your obsurd claim.  Getting review units free doesn't mean you are sponsored.  Many youtubes even the less known ones get units free.  I can even get one free if I asked to post a review for them.  

You seriously have no clue what you are talking about.  He has bad mouthed Samsung in the past too.  Note 7 battery issue....lol.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yea everyone talked about the Note 7... 

Good luck reaching him

userbYe6clX2jw
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Let's file lawsuit against the company! The power is in numbers, so united we'll stand! Clearly, Samsung knows about the issue but most likely is a hardware one that simply can't be fixed via updates. It also seems like it doesn't affect all owners of Note 9 which makes me one of those, unlucky users. 

KPsquared
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I 100% agree

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userbYe6clX2jw wrote:

Let's file lawsuit against the company! The power is in numbers, so united we'll stand! Clearly, Samsung knows about the issue but most likely is a hardware one that simply can't be fixed via updates. It also seems like it doesn't affect all owners of Note 9 which makes me one of those, unlucky users. 

There's dozens of us!

50, 100, 1000 users with a problem out of millions of units sold isn't much of a class action lawsuit...

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@userI4q3GCFuFx wrote:

@userbYe6clX2jw wrote:

There's dozens of us!

50, 100, 1000 users with a problem out of millions of units sold isn't much of a class action lawsuit[.]

A recent poll on Android Central showed more than 30% of responding Note9 users have the camera-freeze problem. We don't know how representative that sample is, but even if the true figure is 5% rather than 30%, that's still at least hundreds of thousands of users.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Guess I'll look forward to the $50 settlement in 2-5 years.

In the meantime, @SamsungCole do you have any information on the two smaller updates that are supposed to come immediately after the main 430mb camera update? 

MikeBates
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would like to recap my efforts. I for one think this is a software issue. I'll explain why.

I have gotten two phones from Verizon, both of which have the exact same issue. The first phone I bought brand new. The second phone was a replacement they sent me due to the camera issue. Since the second phone did not fix the issue I simply returned it back to Verizon.  I then recently purchased a cloud silver note 9, the Verizon model, from Best Buy. I did this because itsi the newest one to be released and if they had changed something about the hardware or software to fix the problem without announcing it this would obviously be the phone most likely to have the fix. Within 3 days the problem was happening on the cloud silver note 9. I took my first note 9 to uBreakiFix and they did perform a software flash however this only fixed the problem for approximately 48 to 72 hours.  All 3 phones were updated to the most recent operating system which at the time of this post is ARJ5 .

I certainly do think that many people are having the problem but maybe not all people. The Samsung representative in Best Buy did not have the problem although he admitted that he had only taken four videos with his phone. I also find it highly unlikely that I just so happened to buy three defective phones with the same defect over a matter of several weeks (2 months), from different sources, that all had the same defect.  So unless this truly is a hardware problem that infects all phones but only some of us have used the camera enough to realize it, then this seems to be some type of software interaction. I don't know what the Common Thread is as to why some people seem to have the problem and others don't but it certainly does not seem to be that we simply have defective phones. I've seen several other reports on this forum where folks have had their phone replaced but it did not fix the problem. 

I imagine there is a software susceptibility that requires some other software-related piece to the puzzle to bring out the defect. I suspect that is why we are not seeing everyone complain about it.  

Michael

MikeBates
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just received an update overnight to arj9. I'm on Verizon. Haven't seen any information about this. Minimal release notes. Stated increased security. Will let you know.

Michael

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@MikeBates wrote:

Just received an update overnight to arj9. I'm on Verizon. Haven't seen any information about this. Minimal release notes. Stated increased security. Will let you know.

Michael

That should be the Nov security patch. Definitely let us know thanks!