Original topic:

Black Screen

(Topic created: 06-20-2021 04:21 AM)
SirChillaxelot
Constellation
Options
Note20

I got 2 Note 20 Ultra last November 2020 and one of the phones decided to just have a black screen yesterday. Phone is working but it's just not displaying any on screen. Any other experienced this issue?

Smew
Nebula
Options
Note20

Hey guys, sounds like a reoccurring issue. Try submitting an error report through the Samsung Members app, they'll see it and work on it faster there!

0 Likes
userod8TVcrRiP
Astronaut
Options
Note20

This has happened to me twice. The first was a few months ago. Took a few days but happened to fix when I connected it to my TV via HDMI (this was about the 15th attempt, so could just be coincidence). Went again yesterday morning. Tried everything including letting the battery drain. I even booked it in for a doorstep repair but they said there is a national UK shortage of parts for the Mystic Bronze device (excuse my ignorance, but surely they all have the same screen components anyway though and right now I'd take a mismatched phone as it's covered with a case anyway!)
Really peeved, I thought it was just a glitch as everything has been fine for months and now this! I'm reluctant to physically send it off for repair because surely the parts shortage would still affect that and I don't want to have to wait months. Also since it came back so suddenly last time I'm determine for it to do the same this time.
Purchased directly through Samsung in Nov 2020 by the way.

0 Likes
userkfmBmxTpyy
Constellation
Options
Note20

My Note 20 Ultra suddenly went Black Screen ( Phone no display) but can hear message incmoing and incoming calls ringing. I try to reset by pressing volume down and power button together but Samsung logo not appearing. The phone able to reset but screen still black and I do not know what to do? I am from Democratic Republic of Congo. This is very new phone and I am quite confused with the Samsung Note 20 Ultra variant now, is any one expereince same issue?

userod8TVcrRiP
Astronaut
Options
Note20

This has happened to me twice. The first was a few months ago. Took a few days but happened to fix when I connected it to my TV via HDMI (this was about the 15th attempt, so could just be coincidence). Went again yesterday morning. Tried everything including letting the battery drain. I even booked it in for a doorstep repair but they said there is a national UK shortage of parts for the Mystic Bronze device (excuse my ignorance, but surely they all have the same screen components anyway though and right now I'd take a mismatched phone as it's covered with a case anyway!)
Really peeved, I thought it was just a glitch as everything has been fine for months and now this! I'm reluctant to physically send it off for repair because surely the parts shortage would still affect that and I don't want to have to wait months. Also since it came back so suddenly last time I'm determine for it to do the same this time.
Purchased directly through Samsung in Nov 2020 by the way.

Blue7
Sun
Options
Note20

you might wanna take it to ubreakifix or samsung care store

0 Likes
rodstone25
Galaxy
Options
Note20
I had problem like the screen when black. I could hear alerts coming in to phone okay. I was in panic mode. I try to use drop down panel and I wipe over where brightness bar was, and my screen came back. The brightness adjust was not set on automatic mode, it was on manual adjust. I don't know how it got set manual,but was just brightness being set to dark.
0 Likes
userpq93buGJCe
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Hello my screen has gone black and I have tried everything to reboot it.

I can feel phone working in background but nothing on screen.

I had noticed that everything was going very slow a hour before it went black.

Can you help 

vypet79
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Sounds like your backlight went out. To test this if you feel the phone is go into a dark room and shine a flashlight into the screen. If you see stuff on the screen then the backlight is bad. If nothing at all then it's the screen itself.
Sajad TeVeN
Astronaut
Options
Note20

i have this problem like you my screen black and not turn on but my phone is work (call working and get vibre) phone not damaged and automatically screen not show anything. Samsung must answer to all of this users with this problem!!

userEPy5D6n6V2
Constellation
Options
Note20

Need help in fixing black screen issue with Note 20 Ultra. Phone has not been dropped ever since. Battery was still more than 50% when it went dead and is still charging. I have tried hard resetting the phone but it only keeps vibrating every 10 sec or so. Bought just last year and it still with warranty. Does anybody have any suggestion other than having it fix?