Original topic:

Camera Not Focusing anymore

(Topic created: 09-26-2021 06:01 PM)
BlazianAzn
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I have a Note 20 Ultra 5G.

I recently has a screen repair done at Asurion (u Break I fix). And now my camera doesn't auto focus anymore. 

My phone has a nice screen now. An issue I had when I left the store is that the phone will not recognize the Sim (emergency calls only). I went back, tech said it could have been something on the card...took it out, put it back and problem solved. 4 days later no issues.

2nd day I finally backed all my apps up and needed to update a credit card on Samsung pay and I needed a Pic of my ID. The camera couldn't focus...I figured it was the camera software in the credit card app it self and disregarded it. A few minutes later, I tried to take a Pic of some food I got and the camera did not focus. I tapped on the screen and it still stayed blurry. HOWEVER, if I'm taking a picture of something further away, where ever I tap, it focuses.

I tool the phone back to the shop and basically they are dumbfounded. Tech basically said the phone passed spec or what ever samsung requires. But he didn't have any explanation on why the camera focuses on distance and not when close. He later said it was one of the camera lenses. And 15min later, my solution is when I need to take a picture of something close up, I manually zoom in because it works that way. Aka...hold my phone about 3x the distance away from what I want a Pic of and zoom in because it's using that lens and not the other one.

So, anyone have any idea what's going on? I will call asurion tomorrow. But I was told that they don't bother with anything with the back of the phone. AkA...even though you have accidental insurance on your phone, if you Crack the back you are not covered under accidental drops. The shop wants to charge 199 to swap out the camera, but the thing is even with a cracked screen my camera worked before the repair.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Charlie13
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I have the same phone and have the same issue. Doesn't wanna auto focus up close. Makes me so mad considering the price of the phone
BlazianAzn
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Have you got any possible solutions
0 Likes
userEcnn8qOQfd
Constellation
Options
Note20
I had the exact problem with my Note 20 Ultra. It was maddening that it wouldn't auto focus unless you some in at least 10 times. I googled the problem and found a solution that worked for me. All you have to do is tap your hand on the edge of the phone while it is trying to focus. That worked every time for me and it stayed working after it started working. I'm not sure how often tapping will need to be done but at least it makes the auto focus start working again. Hope this works for you.
0 Likes