JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Wifi issues

(Topic created: 09-27-2020 03:00 PM)
user8L9TjFNGzk
Asteroid
Options
Note20

My Note 20 Ultra doesn't working good on wireless. The phone connects and work for 5~10 minutes then stops to work on wireless. Alreafy did network reset and wiped the cache. Nothing changed on 5G is working good 🤬🤬🤬 1<edit>

270 Replies
CDS98
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
that's a wifi connection problem, not a phone problem.
user7RUovUiSGS
Constellation
Options
Note20

Doubtful as my wifi works perfectly anf i had ot check by the technician because of this issue and I still get issue with my wifi and the facebook, Instagram, maps and other apps constantly going offline 

userEMSFtwJ0gw
Astronaut
Options
Note20

No it's not. It's a widespread known issue with the Note 20.

userj299dMYJPc
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Nope.  And it also happens on the Note 20, non-Ultra.  It is annoying.  I have fantastic wifi coverage and I never had a problem with my other Note.  My husband is having the same issue.

userPJw9wBXJw7
Constellation
Options
Note20

Negative ghost rider

0 Likes
userpFQCaV3KWe
Astronaut
Options
Note20

My Note 8, which never drops wifi,  is more reliable than my Note 20 Ultra, which constantly drops the wifi connection unexpectedly. MY NOTE 8 IS MORE RELIABLE.  I have tried all solutions, except technician asserssment, which is interupted by Covid lockdown ...

THIS IS A £1000 PHONE :  NEARLY USELESS :    I WILL NEVER BUY SAMSUNG AGAIN !

nomb85
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Could be the smart switching seeing latency on your wifi and flipping you back over to cellular. Did you disable that in your testing?
userEottZnVZQO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

This is a good suggestion, but didn't work for me.

My Note 20 is losing internet connectivity (but staying connected to Wifi) at least once or twice a day (no such problem with previous phone or my Samsung tablet). Both before and after disabling the auto-switch, the fix has been to disable wifi and immediately reenable it. Boom, connectivity restored.

I had similar symptoms early on with my S7E, which I solved by disabling the auto-switch to cellular. It took me a while to find the setting on the Note 20, so I didn't get around to changing it for a couple of weeks. The only thing I noticed after disabling it was that the ! started showing up next to the wifi signal strength icon when the connection failed (signal was fine, just no internet). Before disabling it, the switch-over wasn't working anyway. It must work based on the wireless connection strength or something upstream from whatever is choking.

lffytffy
Asteroid
Options
Note20
my phone was literally losing connection to wifi every few minutes. super annoying. I had to turn location off as one user recommended but this is ridiculous. I had the s20 plus and had no issues. now my husband is using my s20 plus and does not have issues. only my note does. samsung, you really need to push out a fix for this.