Original topic:

The S Pen on my Note 20 5g is defective on this phone

(Topic created on: 3/3/21 8:08 AM)
BT404
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I have had my note 20 5g for 2 months and I had to replace the stylus bc it fell out. The second stylus also fell out. I believe this is a defect with this phone. 

3 Replies
TimmA64
Halo
Options
Note20
I've had mine fall out a few times after dropping from a short distance and as I walked away the phone alerted me that the s pen was missing. or else I would not have it so yes I think that is a flaw
BT404
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I wasn't alerted unfortunately... and it happened within the first couple of weeks of having the phone
0 Likes
Options
Note20

Every time a new note releases, a few people start to claim that the note is defective because the s pen falls out.  Here is what I think happened: 

@BT404 The first time your s-pen fell out it was because it got bumped, causing the "eraser" end to eject, then it got caught on something and fell out.  You then replaced the s pen with a third party one that has been shown to not be as exacting on its size, so it fell out because of a manufacturing defect from said third party.  Only buy s pens from Samsung, not from Amazon, unless the seller actually IS amazon, and it says official Samsung replacement.  You can turn on the notification that TimmA64 is referring to via:

Settings | Advanced features | S Pen | Pen proximity alert
turn this ON

@TimmA64 when you dropped your phone, you likely damaged the s pen garage, now one of the clips does not hold it in place properly.  Take your phone to a uBreakIfixIt location to get the device looked at, and possibly repaired.

I have had my Note20 Ultra 5G since 8/18/2020, and have yet to have the s pen fall out, so I do not believe it is a manufacturing defect.