cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

How do I get Text messages on screen while on apps

JUMP TO SOLUTION

on all of my older Samsung devices I'd get a pop up type text in the upper portion of my screen. Like for example when using maps. Or anything really.. and I could respond right from there. On my note 8 I can't figure out how to do it. Any help will be appreciated! Attached note 8

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: How do I get Text messages on screen while on apps

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can go into settings and scroll down to advanced features and then select smart pop up and select what you want to pop up on the screen you get little chat heads like face you can also go to settings and scroll down to apps then locate the messages app and this is how mine looksScreenshot_20190429-220657_Discord.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can go into settings and scroll down to advanced features and then select smart pop up and select what you want to pop up on the screen you get little chat heads like face you can also go to settings and scroll down to apps then locate the messages app and this is how mine looksScreenshot_20190429-220657_Discord.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have mine set up like that now thanks. IDK if it will work. I can't find "smart pop up" anywhere.? IDK it's running Oreo. Just got it today. If it's solved I'll be back. Oh btw BTW to get it like this I had to mark texts as urgent? IDK.. still learning. ThanksScreenshot_20190429-225055_Settings.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go into settings and use the search at the top and search for smart pop up Happy I was able to help you solve your problem 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do you hide text messages

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What do you mean 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update . I've since updated to pie and everything is working great! Loving the dark/night mode provided!