Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userp1XBUeF47o
Constellation

Samsung Cloud & Gallery confusion - Note 8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi all,

I've recently converted from iPhone. Samsung Switch didnt really work for my photo's and videos, but thats fine, I downloaded them all to my laptp using iCloud, and have now copied them from my laptop to the Note8. They all appear in my gallery, great.

I want to make sure they backup to the Samsung Cloud, I've bought the additional space i'll need based on the 26.6gb of photos and videos showing on my laptop, but when I go into Samsumg cloud, in setting,  Gallery is showing "syncing" but the Manage Cloud Storage, shows 9.29gb of 50gb and isnt changing.

If I go into Gallery and Cloud View, I see 5663 images which is about right but how come it's only showing as 9.29gb isnt of 26.6gb, why is Gallery still "syncing".

I don't want to lose any pictures so need some peace of mind that they're all there!

Thanks

Paul

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Samsung Cloud & Gallery confusion - Note 8

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I only use Cloud for my device settings, homescreen backups and such. I use Google Photos for everything else because it's unlimited, good quality, easy to manage/organize, easy to use, and easy to send photos and videos from there to other Iphone users so the qulity is good. Now of I can het some of my other family members to use the ios version on theirs when sending me stuff I could actualy enjoy it😉 I will tinker with this on cloud and try to help a bit. Correct me if Im wrong, but isn' Samsung Cloud sorage only 15 gigs? Thanks.
12 REPLIES 12
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Community! Anyone else seeing this problem? Anyone have a workaround? Let us know!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I only use Cloud for my device settings, homescreen backups and such. I use Google Photos for everything else because it's unlimited, good quality, easy to manage/organize, easy to use, and easy to send photos and videos from there to other Iphone users so the qulity is good. Now of I can het some of my other family members to use the ios version on theirs when sending me stuff I could actualy enjoy it😉 I will tinker with this on cloud and try to help a bit. Correct me if Im wrong, but isn' Samsung Cloud sorage only 15 gigs? Thanks.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
You don' need eveything syncing all the time. Just make sure your backup setti gs are set for either wifi or anything. Even if on auto backup, it's still a good habit to get into to manualy backup jere and there. You just simply go back to Samsung Cloud, and then backup settings, then on bottom the backup now.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Sorry all, My spelling is TERRIBLE..Holliday time and multi tasking heavy here. At least I have the best device for that!
userp1XBUeF47o
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks! I've checked Google Photos and all my photos are there too, so happy days!
I've ticked a few more album boxes to ensre they go there too. the cloud backup mustbe compressed as you say.

thanks for the advice

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Glad to hear this. Having more than one backup is the way to go. I had to learn that the hard way. Good times!

userpIgg8Vi4o8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How did you get you google unlimited?  I thought it is also 15GB same as samsung cloud.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Oh..bought extra..sorry. I see. My first guess is if all the backed up data IS there than maybe it's compressed.

Samsung Cloud & Gallery confusion - Note 8

JUMP TO SOLUTION
As far as syncing, go to Samsung Cloud settings. You can do this by telling Bixby: Samsung Cloud. Check you settings, I only keep my contacts on sync.