Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Michal
Asteroid

Battery Drain A3 2017

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi. Recently I have got the new A3 2017. It's battery has been very good but lately it has got worse. Every time I go to sleep the next day the battery has gone down a lot. Can anyone tell me how to stop this? I don't want to always turn my phone off. Could it be because of notifications?  Here is the screenshot.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Battery Drain A3 2017

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Michal

Woo, you're getting days out of one battery, that's... well that's just awesome! I do see what you mean by it dropping pretty bad at night though. That's because of the 'Cell Standby' listed under the graph. As a basic explanation, "Cell Standby" means your phone is looking for a signal. Seems that at night it's looking a whole lot!

It is usually a wifi signal that it's searching for. Try turning off wifi before you go to bed, see if the battery doesn't drop as drastically over night.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

8 REPLIES 8
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Michal

Woo, you're getting days out of one battery, that's... well that's just awesome! I do see what you mean by it dropping pretty bad at night though. That's because of the 'Cell Standby' listed under the graph. As a basic explanation, "Cell Standby" means your phone is looking for a signal. Seems that at night it's looking a whole lot!

It is usually a wifi signal that it's searching for. Try turning off wifi before you go to bed, see if the battery doesn't drop as drastically over night.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Michal
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I think that did help it a bit but it is still going quickly. Any other ideas?
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you still getting over 24 hours on one battery(without turning the phone completely off of course)? If you are, then you're battery is just fine. Is it still dropping faster at night than during the day or have they gotten a bit more even?

Michal
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry for not responding, It lasts quite a long time to be honest but I'm just surprised it is going faster than it used to. I only got it 4 months ago.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I totally understand! Phones can start slowing down some or using more battery life just as it ages. A bit like a computer, sometimes it just needs to be refreshed some. After all, the more apps you have on your phone and the more information it has cached away in the background, the more it has to work to get around that stuff.

While you certainly can (but don't have to) factory reset your device to clear those problems up, just going into your storage and clearing out the phone's cache will help! Instructions are here.

Michal
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Right, thanks for the help!
user1X16cGFhKm
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine doesnt last more than a few hours. And this too is a change from how it worked a few months ago

useryYZiLxSStj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

My Samsung A3 2017 also suddenly lost more than half of it's battery life. I returned the 4 month old phone and got a brand new replacement. Still, the battery lasts less than half the day. My applications and settings are all exactly the same as before the sudden change.

I also think it has something to do with recent updates. My past 5 phones have been Samsung, I hope I don't have to change.