cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I root?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 Inch. and I bought it when it came out so I was wondering if I should root it by now since there is no warranty left on it

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Loyd Koon
Cosmic Ray

Re: Should I root?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is a qeustion for you, are you happy with how the tablet is currently operating? If so then I wouldn't root. But if you are unhappy with how it is now and have a favorite ROM like LineageOS then by all means do what makes you happy. If it's out of warranty and still doing good I'd say go for broke.

7 REPLIES 7
Loyd Koon
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is a qeustion for you, are you happy with how the tablet is currently operating? If so then I wouldn't root. But if you are unhappy with how it is now and have a favorite ROM like LineageOS then by all means do what makes you happy. If it's out of warranty and still doing good I'd say go for broke.

Highlighted
Dreadsta
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It will trip Knox, and alot of features will be disabled because of this. There is a ton of customization you can do without rooting.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Dreadstawrote:

It will trip Knox, and alot of features will be disabled because of this. There is a ton of customization you can do without rooting.

not all rooting methods trip knox; that's a myth.

the 'alot of features' you mention aka bloatware...

that's a positive.

Smiley Happy

Rooting rightfully gives you complete control over that which belongs to you.

yes, it is not an easy task and it can render your device useless if deployed carelessly.

also, not all devices are rootable.  This is always true for newly released models.

mito

JUMP TO SOLUTION

so If it gives me access to something that's mine and you can get more storage then what's the downside  to rooting? I know you can't access the play store or something anymore.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Jarod Biberdorfwrote:

so If it gives me access to something that's mine and you can get more storage then what's the downside  to rooting? I know you can't access the play store or something anymore.

for some models the rooting method is not easy. Also, it can  turn the device into a brick il you make a tiny mistake.

mito
Loyd Koon
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just make sure to research the method for your device and follow it to the letter. Play store being inaccessible is false as I have rooted all my devices and still download apps. And Knox is only on Samsung's to make them usale in the Dept of Defense like crapple is. I wouldn't worry about Knox at all. Only the s- class phones have the Knox efuse that trips not the tablets as far as I know. So be happy and you need anything I'm on xda as krak1nthor

Sibi Paul
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Simple Answer to This Question is a BIG NO

As A Professional Cell Phone Unlocker, I have Some Words...

Rooting, is Something Unblocks the Stock ROM's Secret libraries access.

By Default, Samsung Disallow any Kind of Access to Secure Files & Folder.

Any Kind of Software Modifications is NOT Permitted.

Some People may Need Custom ROM, or Some Looking to Add Extra features,

So, They Are Ready to sacrifice the security of a Stock ROM.

Some Phones Requires Custom Recovery Flashed to Install the Root.

Many Phones Works One Click Root.

Actually, You are Killing a Phone,

if You are Satisfied with the software and its features, then rooting is not required.

if you want the Latest Firmware in Your Phone, and the Brand NOT Yet Issued an Update, Then Consider Rooting and flash custom rom.

But, 

By Rooting, You are Unblocks Your Phones Secret Libraries to 3rd party access.

You are unaware of how they dealing with your phones secret area.

anything may happen.

still, you need to Root a Samsung phone?

I would Suggest You a Page, Where Almost 99% Best Root Solution Available.

Root Samsung Phone Will Help You to Root Almost All Samsung Phone.

if That Page Does not have Your Phones Root Solution?

Then Goto this GSM Forum  and Place your request, cell phone experts will provide you a solution, very soon.