Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Apps not updating or installing

(Topic created: 09-18-2021 03:09 PM)
JasonTheBaker
Asteroid
Options
Questions
I've noticed that since I've installed the beta some apps aren't updating or even installing. I tried to install 2 apps today and both couldn't install. No real error just google play saying can not install this app. I tried side loading the app from my tablet and installing it that way and it said app not installed. Updates aren't going through on some apps either even with wiping cache and the portion asw. Is this a bug or are they just not yet compatible with Android 12 yet? 
0 Likes
9 Replies
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Questions
Which apps in specific? It could be that these specific apps are not compatible with Android 12 being that you're also unable to sideload them.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "āœ“ Accept as Solution" button.
0 Likes
JasonTheBaker
Asteroid
Options
Questions
So the ones that can't update are still working on my phone this also included the Google app at one point but it ended up installing later. Amex and Venmo were the two I tried to install. Outlook, Target and Discovery+ won't update.
0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Questions
Have you tried clearing Google Play app data? Go to: Settings>Apps>Google Play>Storage>Clear data

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "āœ“ Accept as Solution" button.
0 Likes
JasonTheBaker
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Yes it helped with a few then stopped working with the rest and doing it again doesn't do anything
0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Questions
Try this:
Go to: Settings>Apps>Google Play>Menu>Uninstall updates

Open Google Play, and it should kinda hang for a second while it updates and such.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

0 Likes
JasonTheBaker
Asteroid
Options
Questions
That didn't help at all either
0 Likes
Rosekh
Comet
Options
Questions
Maybe the app is not compatible with android 12 yet. Wait for the next beta update they might fix it.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @JasonTheBaker ,

During beta program, the software is not yet certified by Google, and therefore secure services like Amex may see your beta software as unauthorized software and may not work. We apologize for the inconvenience and will post a notice once it becomes certified by Google. You may try again at that time.  It would be best if you let app developers know of this issue through their support channels.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
JasonTheBaker
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Okay thanks for the help!
0 Likes