Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Samsung message App

(Topic created: 11-14-2021 03:42 PM)
dave6267
Halo
Options
Questions
Does anyone know if I can uninstall Samsung Messages? as I am not able to use it any longer. I use Google messages and when I switch back it doesn't work right. My brother has a Samsung pho e on same network and I can not receive messages from him. He gets my messages but when he sends me a message I usually don't get it. If I switch it back to googke message it comes thru. 
7 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
Can't uninstall it

However, just set Google Messages as default to avoid the switch ... and don't tap on S. Messages
DJSTORMX
Halo
Options
Questions
You have to disable RCS when switching messaging apps and then re-enable it back to whichever app you switch to
dave6267
Halo
Options
Questions
How do you disable it?
DJSTORMX
Halo
Options
Questions
Google messages should have a chat features under settings that you turn off..... same with Samsung messages
dave6267
Halo
Options
Questions
Google messages does. Samsung messages does not. Thank you
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Questions
you can disable in the app or you can do it easily from the Google website. just enter the phone number you want to unregister you will get a regular sms code to verify enter it in and you should be back to normal

link below
https://messages.google.com/disable-chat
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @dave6267 ,

Samsung Messages cannot be uninstalled as it is a system app. If you havenā€™t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes