Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Someone please help me

(Topic created: 09-20-2021 03:03 PM)
S-yl
Astronaut
Options
Questions
i cleared the data for samsung gallery app because i was having an issue and i thought doing so would fix it (unfortunately it didn't) and i had some pictures and videos in the trash (wasn't sure if i should permanently delete those files) but i forgot they were there before clearing the app data. now when i go to gallery the trash it's empty. i had some important files and it seems like they are deleted (i know it's my mistake for keeping them in the trash) someone please tell me there's a way to recover those pictures and videos and that they are not gone 😭😭😭 when i go to my files app and analyze storage it shows the gallery trash and that there's 3gb but when i press it it's empty... I'm really desperate
0 Likes
7 Replies
Options
Questions
I know when I go to files on my phone and I tap on analyze storage then I scroll down to trash and I tap on trash it shows what's in the trash did not tap on the item and edit comes up at the top right screen and then then when I do that restore is at the bottom left screen and I'm able to restore all of my files that was in trash I don't know if that helps you but I hope it does
0 Likes
S-yl
Astronaut
Options
Questions
It shows there are 3GB in the Gallery trash but when I tap on it it says "No pictures or videos" I really hope there's still a way to recover everything there was 😭
0 Likes
Options
Questions
I really hope you are able to recover your pictures and videos I know how it is to lose them
0 Likes
sebas5287
Comet
Options
Questions
Try to check on the my files app on the trash option when you select the 3 dots
0 Likes
Options
Questions
You can't even find your pictures and videos in OneDrive
0 Likes
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Questions
Toy can try the Samsung Cloud and restore
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @S-yl ,

We are sorry but there is no way to recover those images back. It seems to be a bug with My Files not detecting trash being emptied after clearing data of Gallery app. If they were backed up to a cloud previous, you could restore from there. 

Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes