Did you mean: 

Original topic:

T-Mobile delayed update

(Topic created: 01-05-2022 02:24 PM)
miguelrodas
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Since one of the moderators here said that the T-Mobile update is delayed, and unlocked devices using T-Mobile network are expected to get the official update on 1/9; will removing the T-Mobile SIM and using a different carrier SIM help to get the update manually? I've used this method successfully in the past when T-Mobile delayed monthly security patches.
0 Likes
15 Replies
Nochlab1
Halo
Options
Questions
The code to switch csc isn't working will try with a Verizon sim soon
0 Likes
Nochlab1
Halo
Options
Questions
I put in a random international sim which switched my csc to xaa and now i got the update
0 Likes
miguelrodas
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Good to know that it works
0 Likes
Peeps79
Astronaut
Options
Questions
Question - I have a zfold 3 and a zflip3. Both are unlocked and on the latest beta currently. The zflip3 is on Google Fi and the Zfold3 is on TMobile. The flip has the update available while the fold doesn't. If I temporarily swap sim cards (from my fi phone to my TMobile phone), should that allow the update to download and process? And if so, once the update is done, I'll be able to swap back without issue right?
0 Likes
CreekFreak
Constellation
Options
Questions
I just wish they'd tell folks what caused that delay for T-Mobile users. Sometimes a little transparency helps people understand things better. Like is there something I'm going to screw up by sim swamping to pull the update sooner? It'd be nice to at least know.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @miguelrodas ,

While technically it is possible to receive an update by switching SIM card, please also note that This may cause all user data to be erased which would be same as a factory reset device. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
JTTDALE
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Would be totally worth it!
0 Likes
NateMS
Astronaut
Options