Did you mean: 

Original topic:

US Cellular S21 Android 12 update

(Topic created: 11-29-2021 02:42 PM)
Junior8uup
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Anybody have US Cellular and received the Android 12 update that allegedly rolled out earlier in November? 
I regret going over to US Cellular, they remind me of a business that seems good up front but in reality they're in debt to the Russian mob and the feds might raid the place because they've been stealing personal data from customers and selling it. (Translation I don't think very highly of them). #uscellular
9 Replies
zack722
Astronaut
Options
Questions
I still haven't even received android 11 update from us cellular and my phone is sopose to get it this month
0 Likes
Junior8uup
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Don't they seem like their technology is behind the other carriers but it's the same equipment? At least as far as I know.
0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
Many folks have not gotten the upgrade, mostly T-Mobile folks.

I know this sounds strange, but good to see other carrier subscribers have upgrade prob

Hubby and I are on Consumer Cellular using Unlocked S21's and still on beta4.
0 Likes
Options
Questions
Same here I just hate Samsung mf don't learn anything from their failers,
All my friends move to Apple this year and are very pleased
0 Likes
Junior8uup
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
I won't do apple, I don't live how if you have apple you need everything apple and I know I guess they let some 3rd party stuff happen but it's they have a monopoly on themselves which is what I always thought was the downfall of beta Max which was superior over VHS but SONY didn't want to release the patents so VHS was everywhere you could find every movie and left beta max in the past.
0 Likes
i69
Asteroid
Options
Questions
US cellular and S21 user and still nothing...the guy on the chat did say it could be a while yet before it comes to the S21 through them...made me mad that I closed the chat window.
0 Likes
Junior8uup
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions
Who did you chat with US Cellular? I did the same thing and was so pist, she past the buck and said they have nothing to do with updates it's all Samsung. Next I have an issue with they're the only carrier that seems to for some reason block out the option of remote connection calls and texts for my galaxy watch 4. She again passes the buck and says call Samsung. Hey can I get a job in this support center? I can answer every question by saying call someone else and hanging up. 🤦‍:male_sign:
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @Junior8uup ,

Each carrier has their own schedule for software updates. That is reason you see some carrier device receive updates before others. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Ronney
Constellation
Options
Questions

I've had Android 12 on my S21 from U.S. Cellular since early December.  However, the other four S21s on my plan have not received it.  I assume it's because they must of had a problem and I'm an update hound.  I hit the "Software Update" button multiple times a day since early November in order to force it.  I have been hitting that button on my wife's S21 daily for a couple of weeks and it won't update.  I even tried the Smart Switch program on my computer.  Nothing. I don't know what the problem could be.  Android 12 is working fine on my phone and it even shows 12 as the current version on U.S. Cellular website for the S21.  But still, I can find no other info on the web.

0 Likes