Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

eSIM does not have data connection after successfully activating

(Topic created: 10-14-2021 04:51 PM)
Abide83
Asteroid
Options
Questions

I have successfully activated an eSIM (Mint Mobile, USA [uses T-Mobile Network]). However, the eSIM does not have data connection at all but does have text and calling feature ONLY while on WiFi. The signal bars are greyed out whiles text and calls are on WiFi. Outside WiFi connection, I have this sign :prohibited: where the signal is supposed to be. Mint Customer Support says they don't have the S21 Ultra on their list of supported devices, yet. My physical SIM, from same network provider, works like charm. I'm currently running the One UI 4 beta 2 (latest, Baseband Version G998U1UEU4ZUJ1).

5 Replies
WicKeDz
Astronaut
Options
Questions
What did you do to activate it? Wonder can you use a different carrier also
Abide83
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Used the Mint Mobile app. Went to the home page, scroll down to and click "Order Replacement SIM". Devices that are capable, will have an option for an eSIM. Choose that, follow prompt, check your email, scan QR code and the rest of the process is self explanatory. Did I answer your question?
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @Abide83 ,

If Mint mentioned they don't support the device , you more than likely have to wait for their support.

At same time, we have a couple fixes coming in next software update for activating eSIM. It is unlikely, but try again after next software update to see if you have any improvement. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
userG61rMXfJxb
Constellation
Options
Questions
Will you provide a solution for Tmobile esim problem?
0 Likes
usery6YAncu1bG
Constellation
Options
Questions

Hi, I'm having issues activating esim on my Note 20 Ultra (UI 5.1). Installation looks ok but no data. Seems like it's registered on the network (Tmob and ATT) but no service (3-4 bars). 

Also, under data usage, eSim data usage is greyed out like it was blocked. 

Any idea?

0 Likes