Original topic:

How to turn on flashlight without unlocking the phone?

(Topic created on: 5/4/21 5:54 AM)
userW6zkpnELBL
Asteroid
Options

Is there any way to be able to turn on flashlight without unlocking the phone? I recently switched from Xiaomi Redmi to Galaxy S10e and this is one of the feature which I miss a lot. 

On Xiaomi I can set the power button to click twice to turn on the flashlight even when the phone is locked. On Galaxy I can add the flashlight shortcut to the lock screen or use Bixby key, but it still needs me to either turn on the screen and swipe on the flashlight shortcut or unlock the phone to be able to use Bixbt key. 

Any way to do it on locked phone?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Erichme
Constellation
Options
It's not as easy as hitting one of the buttons but on all the Galaxy S phones you can turn on ur :flashlight: from ur lock screen. Your top menu should pull down like it normally does and u have access to all of those features. :flashlight: Being one of them. Hope that helped u out.
0 Likes
userW6zkpnELBL
Asteroid
Options

I've already tried it and put the flashlight icon on my lockscreen, but I still need to light up the screen and then swipe that icon to turn on flashlight. 

I was looking for a simpler solution, like in Xioami - you just click the button and dont have to even look at the screen. That's convenient ;)

0 Likes
userxpO4WiatXP
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Something I like to do is, if you have bixby set up, you can hold the bixby button and say "flashlight on"/"flashlight off" it's pretty snappy and saves a couple seconds vs pulling the menu down
0 Likes