Original topic:

Quick Measure App

(Topic created: 06-15-2021 01:40 PM)
Gold_userL6
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

This is just another one of the horrible apps preinstalled on Galaxy smartphones. This app at first seems like it will extremely promising but it doesn't take long to find out that it doesn't come close to meeting those expectations. This app has had several updates since I purchased my smartphone.

The only time that this app works adequately and with very little additional help from the user is when measuring the height of an individual. However that doesn't make up for the fact that this app uses a whole lot of the processor resources and very easily over heats a device. You would think that would mean that the app makes it easy to measure an item. However that still isn't the case. In fact unless the item being measured is small in size and/or is very close to the user it makes it had to measure objects. Even after an item has been measured I have yet to be able to take a picture of it anymore. Yes this was once capable. Not to mention after measuring an item the measurements do not stay fixed on the screen. So if a user slightly moves the camera away from the object all measurements disappear until it is completely back in frame.

It is so much easier just to grab a tape measure or a ruler to measure anything. Currently I can't think of another app on my cellphone that will overheat my device. I can play games for hours and not have the device overheat.

2 Replies
NRxCoolKid
Astronaut
Options
If you have a phone without the sensor on the back it won't be very acurate.... it is hard to do it with the cameras alone
Gold_userL6
Cosmic Ray
Options

My device has the sensor(s) . This app just doesn't work adequately. The app has added features over time but hasn't bothered to improve the overall app.

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/what-is/quick-measure/

0 Likes