Original topic:

Stock Samsung Gallery App

(Topic created: 09-09-2021 10:52 AM)
PeachieBear
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Hello my fellow Samsung Users,

I am a very new Samsung owner and I just have a few questions about the use of some of the stock Gallery App and it's functions.

My question is relating to the Gallery App. Not all; but most of the phones I have had in the past have come with a built-in duplicates finding/deleting function. This function is usually found in the settings options menu for the Gallery App operations. I am very aware that I have had my new phone for only 6 days and I also know I am definitely not tech savvy by any means. Photography is a hobby of mine and I have been in and out of the Gallery App more than anything else on my phone, and have failed to find even a whisper of this feature existing. 
I guess the main reason I am so hopeful that this function is indeed included in the Gallery App is because while the Play Store is full of all kinds of apps to locate duplicate imaging, photo, picture, contacts, files,folders and whatever else there may be... The duplicate finder that comes with the phone is SO MUCH BETTER than anything on the Play Store it is really mind blowing. Maybe because it is an app that comes from the phone developer/manufacturer of both it's software and hardware (for the most part) it is more intuitive and sensitive to how the user has either operated the phone, or it is better able to track what the user is downloading or how they are communicating with certain apps since it came with absolutely nothing personal on it from the user, but if this particular Gallery App is not equipped with this feature then I wonder why not, what it would take to get this feature included in the app and how long it might be before it is available to Samsung Users.
Anyway thanks to whomever reads this and is generous enough to respond to me. If there are any general tip, tricks and/or shortcuts I should be aware of in regards to compressing different types of pictures to save storage space and preserve speed/function of my phone it would be extremely appreciated and welcome.
Please have a great day and continue to stay safe, healthy, prosperous and happy during this pandemic.

Sincerely Yours,
LisaMarie Dujon-Lewis
8 Replies
CtrlZThis
Comet
Options
Hello and hope you're having a good day.

I honestly don't know if the the stock gallery app has this feature. However I do know the stock My Files app does.

If you open My Files and scroll to the bottom you will see a button saying Analyze Storage. Click that.
This will then show you what is taking up your storage space in grid. Below that will be 3 listing.

1 Trash
2 Duplicate Files
3 Large Files

Hope this is what you're looking for!
PeachieBear
Astronaut
Options
Awesome thanks so much for the info!! It was very nice of you to let me know this, and in such a speedy fashion. May the rest of your day be safe and happy.
Sincerely Yours,
LisaMarie Dujon-Lewis
PeachieBear
Astronaut
Options
Okay so I have been in the stock my files app, and I found where the button for analysis of my storage is. The only problem I am having now is that the three options on the menu for duplicates, trash and large files is inaccessible to me. I mean they are showing up as options, however they are greyed out and I can't click on them. There has to be a setting I am missing?? Why else would I not be allowed to access options that are obviously meant to help customers with their storage space. Screenshot_20210912-074544_My Files_6872.pngScreenshot_20210912-074533_My Files_6871.png
0 Likes
CtrlZThis
Comet
Options
What device are you using this on?
0 Likes
PeachieBear
Astronaut
Options
I think I am currently using the A12. But then again that could have been the last phone I had.
0 Likes
sugrgirl1028
Astronaut
Options
I have booster downloaded on my phone and when I tap on it there are several options if you tap tool on the bottom bar there is a setti g for trashing duplicate photos. Hope this helped
PeachieBear
Astronaut
Options
I'm not quite sure what Booster is, or where I may be able to download it for my phone. I don't currently have anything on my phone that is called Booster or anything close to it. However I do appreciate the quick, friendly response. I will endeavor to keep looking for any and all information I can find on this phone. Hopefully I will come across knowledge about this Booster and also be able to apply it to my phone. I hope you continue to stay well and enjoy life.
Yours sincerely,
LisaMarie Dujon-Lewis
sugrgirl1028
Astronaut
Options
Booster is a cleaning app you have to download on your phone after you do there is a icon for tools tap that and it will say clean duplicate photos