Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Washer and Dryer w/ SMART Home connect only for a minute, then disconnect

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're glad that you're up and running!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userPugNUZZzhG
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I contend that you did not read all the threads or I missed something.   No one is "up and running".  We are all complaining about having to set the smart connect every time the cycle finishes and the washer or dryer auto shuts off.   What good is an on option in smart things if it's always disconnected after a cycle finishes?  That's what we want to know.  

userDZzGSAjVEz
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All, can somone confirm that this is a desired feature or due to some regulation. This makes the smart features of the appliance very finicky. I do not understand why we can't override the smart control to start on it's own every time the washer and dryer are turned on? 

Highlighted
user59W1jBQeEq
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got a FlexDuo range and it has a similar issue.
You need to press 'Smart Connect' on the range itself in order to enable remote control of the oven.
Once a remote control has been sent, or if the door is opened, 'Smart Connect' turns off and it has be turned back on from the range again.

From looking around it seems like all of their 'smart' appliances operate this way - though I'm also a bit perplexed as to *why somebody at Samsung thought this was a useful feature.

Hopefully Samasung will push an 'always on' mode to these appliances via a firmware update. 

userOH9kVBHDdz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you dense? Nothing had been solved! You didn't even read the thread! There's no reason any of Samsung's appliances should disconnect Smart Control after they have completed an operation, and neither should users have to re-enable Smart Control at the start of any operation. This flies in the face of Smart Control!!!

So in order to start the wash cycle in my washer, I need to turn it on, hold the Smart Control button for 3 seconds, wait for the connection, and then use my phone? The appliance should always be connected! This is madness!

userPRVSyd9ABH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are exactly right.  Their washer, dryer, dishwasher, and oven/range all require you to walk over to them, push the smart control button, and then you can use the app.  But if you have to walk over to the appliance, to push the smart control button, why not just use the appliance, since you are standing next to it now? And heaven forbid you open the appliance, because the smart control will turn off, and you have to start all over...

The "smart" feature of these appliances, is simply a gimmick that we all bought into.  It is not smart at all. Once you pair with the network, it should permanently be paired, so you can turn on the appliance, or select a function, etc. without having to go back over to the appliance.  By making the user physically go over to the appliance literally every time they want to use it, defeats the usefulness of having an app, and "smart" appliance.

userznDBvAdF8U
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I want to reply to this to gain more attention. It's frustrating to hear that the smart control on my washer and dryer (WA54M8750AV/DVE54M8750V) turns off after every load. There should be a mode added to keep this enabled permanently, as well as a way to power it on remotely since the phone control can't connect at all if they are powered off. This defeats the point of smart appliances if there still needs to be manual intervention equivalent to a normal washer and dryer. Please add this functionality so all of us who have purchased very expensive washers and dryers can use them with their advertised functionality.

Samsung_enQhmlB
Astronaut