Original topic:

Improve Samsung Messages

(Topic created: 10-11-2022 11:09 AM)
JadenIsiah
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
2 big things. 

1. Samsung messages needs to badly be updated regardless of if it's default or not. It feels dull.. it needs sending/receiving animations and sending/receiving sounds like Imessage and Google Message

2. If your going to keep google messages as the default and keep samsung messages in the system don't half-butt the app for ppl who like to use it. Improve its look and feel! People have been asking for this 4 betas in a row now. 

App customization (ex. bubble shape customization)
Sounds & Animations of the app
Look and feel
19 Replies
Lurien
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Agree :hundred_points:
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
I don't think they are keeping samsung messages. Google is default in 22 line and above. Odds are the 21 line was the end of it and they are going to end support soon
cory00
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
I hope this is true. It would improve rcs among android phones. Would be nice if they update the older phones and remove it and add google messages.
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
Depending on how old the phone is its just let's leave it since they will probably upgrade soon
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Suggestions
Google messages, for me, might be tempting if Google vastly improved their offering. The complaints I see about Samsung messages seem to revolve around fluff (reactions, receipts, emojis, group messages, etc.). Now, if you like all that stuff, then by all means......Google. However, I look at function as most important. And the fact that I can create my own categories for work, volunteer work, personal, family, etc., means that Samsung is far superior to Google. I don't need Google telling me what categories my messages go in. I said it before in another post: if Samsung is relying on Google to be consistent and/or committed to any of its messaging efforts, Samsung is a fool.
HauntedAtoms
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
Bad idea to delete an essential so like this via update. Samsung messages has features that Google messages does not. I'm using Samsung messages for now, knowing support will end soon. I'm okay with moving on to Google when the time comes. I just hate that you can't theme conversations, and that Google doesn't use custom fonts for messages or almost anything else. Ultimately I'm with you - I hope all brands start using Google messages as default so that RCS can actually become usable. But removing Samsung's own messaging app should only be done going forward, not backward.
cory00
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Yeah, I can see that. Starting within the next couple years, they should switch primarily to Google messages. Google is adding more features fairly often, they just don't have hardly any customization, I kind of wish it did. If they don't wanna get rid of samsung messages completely, they should give us the option to completely uninstall and reinstall via the galaxy store
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Suggestions
Honestly I hope they keep updating Samsung Messages and have a rehaul or refresh of the map to make it more updated. I don't really like Google Messages for some reason and I just prefer sending images and videos through Samsung as Google reduces the quality of videos so much.
sunny28
Comet
Options
Suggestions
I love samsung messages app way better than Google messages and I completely agree with this post been asking for this for so long now. Samsung messages has way more features and works way better with the phone, they just need to bring it into 2022 and now 2023 haha 😄