Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Notification Permission

(Topic created: 09-15-2021 09:57 PM)
PaulTheBetaUser
Constellation
Options
Suggestions
Man, when I first installed the beta, it was the biggest pain to go into every single app individually, open it, and approve all the apps I want notifications from. Especially when I feel I had already tailored my notification permissions the way I wanted it in the previous version. I know there are new, stricter permissions management here, but some way to bulk approve notification permissions in many apps at once would be a way more inviting way to enter into the new update rather than nothing being in the notification shade as expected and having to manually, one by one, get back notifications, worried you may have missed an app and are now missing notifications you'd otherwise want.
2 Replies
AMBocanegra
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
Hard agree. Especially since I had apps like Google Messages installed instead of the Samsung Messages app and had to approve it to receive text notifications.

Severely hindered my update experience checking essentially every non-stock app to make sure notifs were set to work.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @PaulTheBetaUser ,

We are sorry about your experience. Unfortunately, we couldn't avoid that scenario. Clearing cache of device does help.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes