Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Samsung Messages

(Topic created: 11-09-2021 09:58 AM)
DJDoubleU
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
In my opinion this app could use a massive overhaul. It's lacking in new-age features for ease of use, sending GIFs, Higher Res Photos or (720p/1080p) Video clips. The data limit is ridiculous given that we are entering this new 5G Era.

The communication style feels like something that should have been left in the early 2010s and I think we deserve better... iMessage is a fairly robust platform where you can even do little stuff such as liking someone message.
The features you've added to support texting and calls on the tablets is wonderful but i think the major integration is lacking...

It's 2021 guys. Please revamp the heck out of this ā¤ā¤ā¤
16 Replies
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
They should definitely do something with Samsung Message... I wouldn't compare it to imessage because it's another **bleep**... I'd better say look at Telegram, you can download movies, download music for free, emojis are incredibly futuristic, customizations are ridiculous etc etc etc etc etc etc...is 1million ahead.
Chrisrj8084
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
So the features that you're asking for would be based on RCS which is available. Unfortunately it's carrier specific at this time but RCS allows for larger images and video and read receipts and such.

Message reactions would be nice as well but that would require the other party to also be using RCS. Unfortunately samsung has no control over this, RCS rollout is a carrier issue and we are stuck unless you switch to something like Google messages which has RCS. But in that situation once again the other party would also have to be using RCS. So yeah this is where things are
ChevyMan1
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
They say it's Carrier specific however I don't really truly believe that as my Carrier says it's a Samsung issue and I can use Google messages with RCS working just fine. I don't understand how it works flawless for one platform (Google) and not for another, which did work in the past.
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
the problem with RCS is that carriers don't agree on using the universal profile but wants to implement their own thing probably for control, greed profits etc. Google messages got around this by just running their own RCS server. Google did try waiting for carriers to implement it but they got tired of waiting.

Carriers need to just accept the fact that they are more of a data provider and move on. I think they want the old days where sms billing was a thing and they were hoping they could do that with RCS.
Chrisrj8084
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
It works with Google because Google messages uses their own RCS server that is separate from the carriers. They purchased a company a few years ago for this purpose (Jibe I believe). Samsung and Google had announced December last year that Samsung would be incorporating googles version of rcs and some users did get that feature but then it never widely rolled out. Unsure why
Chrisrj8084
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
THoag
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
I asked samsung why RCS does not even show as an option in my settings since I know tmobile supports it and was informed it is because I bought my phone unlocked from best buy and didn't purchase it from carrier.
DJDoubleU
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
I've been told that as well. I guess we are dumb for paying outright for our devices šŸ˜’
GalaxySizedRod
Cosmic Ray
Options
Suggestions
The RCS in Samsung Messages is compatible with RCS in Google Messages btw. However RCS in Samsung Messages can only be enabled by your carrier
0 Likes