JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

let me specify separate default SIM for calls and data

(Topic created: 09-20-2021 10:19 PM)
userNw0UoXJ6oa
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
With the current "primary SIM" setting, I have to switch every time I make a call or send a text. Let me set different default SIMs for data and calls/texts. 
0 Likes
4 Replies
ChrisEE
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions
Have you been able to get the eSim setup on a US provider?
0 Likes
userNw0UoXJ6oa
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions

Yes, I have the SIM + eSIM setup working with T-Mobile US. I was able to use the "bring plan from old device" option to activate the eSIM.

0 Likes
Solution
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello @userNw0UoXJ6oa  ,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

Bthomason
Asteroid
Options
Suggestions

It's been some time since this thread was created. Is there now a way to select a separate SIM for calls and for data? I ran out of data on my plan recently, so I purchased an eSIM to get more data from another carrier. But I can't seem to set my original SIM (SIM 1) to be the default for calls and texts while keeping the eSIM (SIM 2) the default for data. I looked this up online and everything seems to be outdated for older models of phone/OneUI. I know I can select each time I make a call or text, but this functionality isn't carried over to other apps, such as Android Auto or using the "Call xxx number" with a hyperlink from an app. I am currently using the S21 Ultra with OneUI 4.1. Also, while we're on the topic, can the S21 now support dual physical SIM cards in the phone if I purchase the dual-SIM adapter? Thanks!

0 Likes