JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Customer Service/Samsung Care+ part 2

(Topic created: 10-24-2021 10:12 PM)
Gumpman
Constellation
Options
Tablets

After the nightmare I had getting the tablet repaired when it fell off my car, after about a month or two the tablet was repaired and working as it should. Which bring me to my current dilemma with Samsung Care and consumer service. While at work I was using the tablet like I always do. I dropped off a patient at a care home. I then picked up my tablet let to get the signature of the nurse. I go to unlock the tablet and notice the screen was mostly black with a green blob in the lower left corner. It also flashed green lines from the left side from top to bottom. My heart dropped because now I have to deal with trying to get this issue resolved with Samsung Care and customer service. I filed the claim around Sept 15 or 16. I sent the tablet in they received it September 21, 2021. Let's be clear it currently October 16, 2021. A few days passed after I received notification that the tablet had been received by them. I tracked the tablet with the link provided from Samsung Care+. Under my ticket number there was a statement in blue saying "Warranty has been voided. Please call Samsung to proceed as out of warranty repair, confirm extended warranty coverage, or if you would like your defective unit back." Frankly I didn't pay any attention to this statement because I saw it all the other times I sent the tablet in. I figured it was an automated response. A week or more goes by without any updates until Monday October 4. I received an email label Samsung claim decision with different incident number. The email stated that my tablet was deemed not repairable by service providers inspection and recommendations. It also stated that in accordance with the terms and conditions of my service plan I was entitled to a cash settlement. The settlement is based on the retail cost of a comparable unit minus aggregate repair cost not to exceed purchase price. They listed the comparable unit cost at 729.99 the original purchase price at 626.39 and the aggregate repair cost 237.64. My cash settlement value would be 492.35. The aggregate repair cost was subtracted from the comparable unit price of 729.99 that's how they got 492.35. So the question is what is the aggregate repair cost for if the tablet was deemed not repairable. Another problem is the comparable unit price is based on a qualified device trade in. The comparable unit actual price is 1029.99, but if you trade in a qualified tablet or phone you can get it for 729.99. So I call to get some clarification about what was really going on. I was told my tablet warranty was voided due to water damage. The problem with that is the tablet was nowhere near water and it was in a full body case. So that's a complete lie. Secondly if some bizarre way water was the reason, which it couldn't have it still would be covered under the Samsung Care+. The representative stated I was correct and stated that the manufacturer warranty was voided due to the supposedly water damage. I then stated that it didn't have water damage but if it did Samsung Care+ would take care of that. I was then told the tablet was sent back to me on September 29th. I still haven't received the tablet. I talked to at least 15 different people none could help me understand what was going on. I was given different numbers to call to help me resolve this issue. I got a number to Verizon for what I don't know because it's a wifi tablet, and another that required me to accept a 100 dollar gift card from Walmart I'm sure was a scam. So after many days, many hours on hold, and several transfers to different departments I was told the tablet was being sent back to me. The label was created Sept 29th but it hasn't made it to UPS yet. I received the check for 492.35, but representatives that I spoke with said they didn't see anything in the notes about a settlement check. So currently I have to let them escalate the issue to case management and give them a call in a few days. I told them I don't accept the settlement being that it's not even half the money it will take to replace my tablet. I paid a total of 716.38 for the tablet. The original price of 1029.99 minus 450 for my trade in which brought my tablet price to 579.99. 579.99 plus the Samsung Care plus plan 89.99 for 2 years and sales taxes of 46.40 which gives you a total of 716.38. Remember I got the tablet for 579.99 because I traded in my Galaxy Tab S6 which knocked 450 dollars of the retail price of 1029.99 plus tax. I'm not sure how this is going to end but the 492.35 settlement is unacceptable and the tablet is still not in my possession. I'm not a difficult person all I want is a replacement tablet or give me enough money to purchase a replacement. All in all this whole process has definitely sour my taste for Samsung. Although I love their products, having to deal with this type of issue despite having the proper plan in place I'm no longer a spokesman and walking advertisement for Samsung. I will update this with a conclusion if and when one is reached. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Good morning, I can definitely see this situation is frustrating. However our community will not be able to assist with your inquiry as this is more of a specific case based inquiry. You’re welcome to reach out to one of our mods to discuss further. However our community is a place that’s for troubleshooting devices. For case specific inquiries, it’s always recommended to contact us at 1-800-Samsung or reach out to a moderator directly.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
StimmyPizza
Nebula
Options
Tablets
If your tablet was doing that it was definitely damaged pretty badly in some way. It's completely understandable they couldn't fix it. And the fact that they reimbursed you makes me think they may not be sending it back, which I don't see why you'd want it back if the screen is like that. And you got most of your money back. You're not going to get the what was the initial price, as soon as you bought the tab the resell price dropped a lot, thats how it is. And I'm not sure what model yours is but the S7+ 512gb is currently $729 so you were given the correct amount. I see where your coming from but they have done everything correctly. The reps don't have a way to write down the info from your conversation for the others to see, which is why the confusion between you and the reps was happening also
0 Likes
TomPorter
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
service centers
0 Likes
MutatedRam
Comet
Options
Tablets
Sounds like the offer they gave was close to what you actually paid for the device. You want to be compensated more than what you actually paid regardless of you trading in a device. Samsung has tried to make you whole but you don't want that you want more. You are likely not getting your tablet back if you accept the money, that's not how business works.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Good morning, I can definitely see this situation is frustrating. However our community will not be able to assist with your inquiry as this is more of a specific case based inquiry. You’re welcome to reach out to one of our mods to discuss further. However our community is a place that’s for troubleshooting devices. For case specific inquiries, it’s always recommended to contact us at 1-800-Samsung or reach out to a moderator directly.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes