cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_oyMMC3t
Astronaut

Samsung Galaxy Tab s5e- wifi issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am facing wifi connectivity issues with my new galaxy Tab s5e in landscape mode. Especially 5ghz connection. Tried resetting network settings . Done factory reset. Still have issues. Anyone else facing similar issue?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userJK0kJicrli
Constellation

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab s5e- wifi issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung has just made a software update for the wifi problem 

i just spoke to Samsung tech support over chat and was told that they had solved the wifi problem with a software update

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is it just on the home screen or when using certain apps? 

amanda95
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Samsung_oyMMC3t wrote:

I am facing wifi connectivity issues with my new galaxy Tab s5e in landscape mode. Especially 5ghz connection. Tried resetting network settings . Done factory reset. Still have issues.

Samsung’s Latest Galaxy Tab S5e Has an Enormous Wi-Fi Flaw

BIGBADCHEFDONAL
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too I I keep getting drop everything music have asamsung8plus

userVOLSQ9ZbAf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am seeing this as well.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you hold the specific area where the Wi-Fi antenna is located, the Wi-Fi communication performance could be affected.  This is similar to other products and devices that support Wi-Fi communication. If the Wi-Fi signal is strong, holding the antenna part does not significantly affect the performance.  But a weaker signal, from a router that is far away (or on another floor), covering part of the antenna may affect the signal performance, and it can result in a loss of Wi-Fi communication.  In this case, if the router supports both 2.4 and 5 GHz, we'd recommend making both networks discoverable, and connect to each one of them, saving the password and choosing the ‘Auto Reconnect’ option in Wi-Fi settings of the tablet. Alternatively, you can try the steps listed here: http://stgwebus.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001559/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Ejm5560
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You're Holding it wrong. Lol

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Fix #1 if you are in the return period return it.

Fix #2 consult a lawyer and see if a class action law suit has been filed yet or can be

Fix #3 wait for Samsung to admit the flaw and do the right thing. This fix has slightly less chance of occuring than a confirmed scientifically proven Yeti or Big Foot capture.

amanda95
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Marc1159
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I spoke with a customer service manager: Michael # 3178534 and he was extremally rude and would not give me his bosses contact info. I bought a Tab s 5e in good faith and haven't had it 30 days. not happy with the quality whatsoever. apps crash Wi-Fi cuts out- very slow altogether. I have been a loyal customer for over 10 years but because of how poorly I'm being treated, I'm giving your company 1 last chance to make things right and take this inferior product back.