Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Fixed Carrier HUB issue

(Topic created: 10-05-2021 08:07 PM)
floridaplur
Astronaut
Options
Tips
I was able to completely remove Carrier Hub. No I'll effects as of yet. PC required. 

Download both Samsung device drivers as well as platform-toolkit from the Android SDK. Not posting links, quick Google search will get you these things. 

Enable developer options by clicking Build Number 7 times in your phones Settings/About. 

Open the developer options (now at the bottom of your settings). 

Plug your phone into your PC. Extract the platform-tools. Open the extracted folder. Right click+shift button any blank space in the folder. Hit open Command Prompt or Open in PowerShell. 

Type- .\adb devices
Hit enter.
Your device should be listed there by serial, if it's not, check your driver's. 

Now type- .\adb she'll
Hit enter. 

Now type- pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sprint.ms.smf.services
Hit enter. 

This uninstalls Carrier Hub completely. No I'll effects per Google. But, do this at your own risk. You can afterwose reinstall later from Play Store if you feel like it, and it won't be locked as a system app that way. 

3 Replies
floridaplur
Astronaut
Options
Tips
Sorry forgot to say to enable USB Debugging after opening developer options.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Tips

Hello @floridaplur ,

Thank you for your Tip. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

A note of caution, removing system apps could have some side affects.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Robert888
Astronaut
Options
Tips

A System App Remover is a root-only app that lets you remove system apps. As the name suggests, it doesn't work if you don't have a rooted Android phone. So make sure you have rooted your smartphone before installing this app. or read more about carrier hub and how to remove here https://grouphowto.com/carrier-hub-app/

0 Likes