JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Paramount Plus App not streaming content or live TV

(Topic created: 06-26-2022 04:22 AM)
Orangeman
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having issues streaming Paramount Plus like many other Samsung TV users. I found the solution in a post a couple of months ago. Someone gave a different DNS server setting to use other than 8.8.8.8. I tried it and it worked. Paramount plus streamed perfectly. On May 3rd I called Samsung technical support and gave them the information trying to be helpful A few days ago I mistakenly reset my IP settings and lost the new DNS server setting. I did not have it written down and have not been able to find the post again. I called Samsung thinking that they would now have the information I gave them, but they did not. Very Frustrated! If anyone has seen that post and knows the DNS server setting that works with the Paramount Plus app, please let me know. Thank You! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TerryPhan
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Try this one 216.146.35.35

It is Dyn server

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@Orangeman That is the Google DNS value. Checkout https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns 

0 Likes
Orangeman
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks for your reply. I have tried these settings and a bunch more that my internet provider gave me and Samsung Technical Support asked me to try. The only one that worked is the one in the post I mentioned that I have now lost and can not find again on the internet. I can't believe I did not make record of it. 

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Was it dns.adguard.com?
0 Likes
Orangeman
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

It wasn't the name of a DNS Server it was the actual series of numbers to replace 8.8.8.8. The person that did the post listed the correct numbers that did work with the Paramount Plus app when I manual put them in. That's what I am looking for. Thanks! 

0 Likes
Solution
TerryPhan
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Try this one 216.146.35.35

It is Dyn server
0 Likes
Orangeman
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

You are the man!!!!!! So far it worked. I used your server setting and the Paramount + app is now working on my Samsung TV. I will definitely save this setting in a safe place incase my TV accidently gets reset. Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
TerryPhan
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
You're welcome. Keep that DNS IP address handy. For some reason, with the newer Samsung Smart TV, it does require DNS manual setting to work with Paramount Plus, which should not be the way. Hopefully, Samsung or Paramount Plus engineers will have to figure it out.
Other DNS as you mentioned do not work well, or they work intermittently.
0 Likes
TerryPhan
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Can you try again with DNS setting to automatically obtained. Make sure your Paramount Plus app is set to automaticaaly update on your TV.Let us know if it works since the Paramount Plus tech support just informed me that the issue was fixed with their faulty app.
0 Likes
ConstantinEmard
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Have you checked the subscription period, if it expired? Or there is some other solution that may help you to resolve the issue. The procedure are very simple, you can look up this article, and hope it will definitely give you the best guide.

0 Likes