JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung refuses to honor t.v.warranty

(Topic created: 10-16-2023 11:48 AM)
Ozmee1954
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I bought my husband an 85” Samsung tv November first, 2022.  Last night he noticed a triangle shaped area on the top right corner which then had a line going across the entire top from right to left. He called Best Buy which is where we got it because my account there gave a toll free number to call. They said we hadn’t bought their warranty so we had to contact Samsung. BB called it a touch damage. This made no sense to us, we do not touch our tv, we use our remote. I can’t conceive of any reason a person would need to touch their tv screen. I know I’ve touched it three times since we got it but that’s it. He hasn’t been touching it either, so their claim of touch damage made no sense. Plus, it’s on a wall Mount. 

Samsung said they will not honor their parts and labor warranty that came with the tv as stated when I bought it. I told my husband to find us an attorney. Not one tv of ours has ever had screen bleed including the lesser named brands. We replaced our 58” tv with this one and it cost us $1,000.00 to use for less than one year. Do not buy Samsung, you will end up getting .

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! That's definitely strange that they said that it wasn't under warranty. To determine if it is physical damage or not will be done on a case-by-case basis and will have to get pictures and a technician to look at it. So that we can look into this further please send us a private message with your full model and serial number and any transaction numbers you may have. Also, please send us a picture of the TV. 

View solution in context

3 Replies
Mountain Dew
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
They said they won't honor the warranty or did they say that this is considered physical damage and voids the warranty?
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Is the TV still in warranty? Some only have 1 year
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! That's definitely strange that they said that it wasn't under warranty. To determine if it is physical damage or not will be done on a case-by-case basis and will have to get pictures and a technician to look at it. So that we can look into this further please send us a private message with your full model and serial number and any transaction numbers you may have. Also, please send us a picture of the TV.