Original topic:

Galaxy book3: hdmi output not detected on Linux

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
bastosfh
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Hi!

I have a brand new Galaxy Book3 in which I installed Ubuntu 23.04 (I've been using linux for a long time now). When I connect my notebook to an external monitor, through the HDMI port, the monitor is not shown as a display option.

Using the same HDMI cable with an HDMI -> USB-C adapter, I can use the external monitor without problems.

I've seen a post on Ask Ubuntu (unfortunately, I could not link it here) that describes the same situation, but with a different vendor. Apparently, the fix would be possible with a BIOS update, correcting some bug that prevents linux from detecting the HDMI port (I've also tested with Fedora 38, on a flash drive, and the result was the same).

Is there any chance of a firmware update coming soon from Samsung that would solve this problem I'm having?

Best regards

11 Replies
aaaaaaaaasdfasdfasdf
Constellation
Options
Computers

Anyone got a fix for this issue? Same problem here. Cannot use HDMI in Linux. Tried multiple distros. @NicoSkere do you know how you solved it?!

0 Likes
Solution
bastosfh
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Hello, everyone!

In case anyone comes here searching for this: the HDMI output works out of the box in Ubuntu 24.04.

No extra configuration needed šŸ™‚

Best regards!

0 Likes