JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sending Fold 4 in for internal screen repair but now having issues with SIM

(Topic created: 03-12-2024 07:59 AM)
Xenon131
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hi all - I got a green line on the internal screen of my fold 4 (18m old) so took it to Samsung store (UK) for a repair, they said that due to a minor dent in the metal hinge and a tiny bump on the screen that it was not warranty covered.

As such I needed to call my insurance and claim. I did so and the claim was accepted, and I have another appointment at samsung store to give the phone in next week.

However in the meantime now every time I open my screen the sim disconnects, only way to fix it is to close it and put the sim back in. I've seen others having similar issues to do with the ribbon cable.

I wanted to "add" this to the repair, Samsung support online asked for a service reference number. Assurant says there is no reference number because I haven't handed the phone in. They say if I want to add this to the repair the only way to do so is a seperate claim (and another excess - **bleep** - if I lost the whole phone I'd pay the same amount).

I tried to call the local samsung store and can't get through.

The online support said "Our engineer will have an inspection on your device before they start fixing your device. Also, they will perform quality test on it to make sure there are no issues on it before sending back, so it is better to let us know the issues on it for documentation and our engineer will based on it."

What do you reckon? Are they likely to fix it all as one go? Paying the excess twice for what is a common issue with fold phones is ridiculous.

Thanks!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@Xenon131 Sorry that you are having issues. Unfortunately you have landed in the Samsung US user to user discussion area. To post in the UK discussion area visit https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite/ 

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@Xenon131 Sorry that you are having issues. Unfortunately you have landed in the Samsung US user to user discussion area. To post in the UK discussion area visit https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite/ 

0 Likes