JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Series allergic reaction

(Topic created: 10-26-2021 01:24 AM)
JoeE2009
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I, like so many others, am having severe issues with my ears after wearing my Buds Pro. I awoke this morning at 3:30 with very wet ears. They also are very itchy.

This is the second time this has happened. The first time I had the same symptoms. But, after my ears began to heal, the flaking and extreme itching began. I noticed it began not long after wearing them. I discontinued use.

Last night, I wanted to try again. I wiped down the silicone tips with alcohol. I wore them for roughly 10 minutes and here we are. Wide awake on a work day with awful symptoms.

I own multiple Samsung devices. My televisions (2), 4K UHD Bluray, sound bar and surround sound, phones, tablets and I just bought the Galaxy Book Go. I love that I can connect everything. Needless to say, I am disappointed in the Buds.

What can be done to make this right? Thank you. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello. I can definitely see how this would be concerning!  I hope you are okay, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this is caused you!  We do have a specialized team that would be happy to help you with this situation. I would encourage you to reach out to this team directly to get this matter resolved. 

Please be aware, this team will be asking for specific information, such as your name, street address, email, place of purchase, bill of sale (to validate warranty status), and will request any documentation related to this incident. The additional documentation could include photos of an injury/damage, receipts or estimates of repairs, and/or medical documentation, etc. 

The quickest way to reach this specialized team is by calling 1-800-726-7864. 

Alternatively, you can reach out to our Facebook or Twitter Support teams to set up a call back. 

If you don’t wish to call, I would recommend speaking with our Live Chat team.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

397 Replies
user9201js201
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
You can but hypoallergenic ear tips to replace the silicone ones that are causing the reaction
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello. I can definitely see how this would be concerning!  I hope you are okay, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this is caused you!  We do have a specialized team that would be happy to help you with this situation. I would encourage you to reach out to this team directly to get this matter resolved. 

Please be aware, this team will be asking for specific information, such as your name, street address, email, place of purchase, bill of sale (to validate warranty status), and will request any documentation related to this incident. The additional documentation could include photos of an injury/damage, receipts or estimates of repairs, and/or medical documentation, etc. 

The quickest way to reach this specialized team is by calling 1-800-726-7864. 

Alternatively, you can reach out to our Facebook or Twitter Support teams to set up a call back. 

If you don’t wish to call, I would recommend speaking with our Live Chat team.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

useriSZHNjZR4B
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Has anyone got a resolution to their allergic reaction issues? Replacing with foam pads did not work for me. I have unfortunately sent my buds in to a facility in a box after calling the customer service line. It's been more than a month now and all I'm hearing back when I call to check up on my ticket is that they need to re-escalate it to corporate which I've already requested multiple times now.

MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Buds

I can understand how frustrating this can be I will be more than happy to look into this issue further for you. Can you send me a private message using this link here? http://bit.ly/2HP0oRi Can you provide the following information?

• First and last name
  • model number
  • serial number
  • phone number
  • full street address
  • email
0 Likes
Letta0307
Comet
Options
Galaxy Buds
So I actually just went through this ..it took 21 day not including weekend to hear back from them I finally received my refund on the 14th
useriSZHNjZR4B
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Pretty frustrating then. I am past 25 days now when I sent mine and was delivered to samsung on June 14th. I don't even get email notifications or phone calls from them unless I directly message so no idea what the progress is.

userCDbfU13w7a
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
  • I am experiencing an allergic reaction to my galaxy buds pro.  This is causing severe irritation to my ears that is causing my ear to itch,  scab up,  and a liquid discharge coming from my ears.  I noticed several people are experiencing the same issue.  Can something be done,  or can I get a refund for my purchase? 
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Buds
Yes, I've seen several posts here regarding this or similar issues. Check the return policy of the seller where you purchased the buds, then contact them.
Holylove
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Buds
May I ask how many hours did you wear them in your ears before you noticed the itching?