JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

News channels playing through Android Auto when connected to Buds2

(Topic created: 04-18-2024 11:53 PM)
Megistic
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

Recently, I noticed news channels like Reuters, CBS, etc., are now playing on my Android Auto, and I can't seem to figure out how to deactivate it. Yesterday, April 17, 2024, I was shooting a video in my car, so I used my Galaxy Buds2. Today, April 18, while shooting another video, I mistakenly tapped on my Buds2, and it started playing Reuters news. I couldn't stop it. I tapped several times, but it wouldn't stop, so I had to put them back in the case. It's been doing that continuously. How do I deactivate whatever is coming through my earbuds? I checked, and nothing was playing in the background of my phones or tablet, not even music. This is driving me crazy. Can anyone tell me how to deactivate the news from my Android Auto and Galaxy Buds2?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
Options
Galaxy Buds
I have no clue where you are getting news channels playing on Android Auto, aside from the Google News app. Surely you've checked that, right? As for the buds, just unpair them from the car or phone that initiated the issue at first and then re-pair them once The source of news is disabled. You can also just clear app data from Android Auto, it's not like there's much to set up or change so you're not losing anything by clearing the data from that app. To easily re-pair your buds after unpairing, open the case but leave the buds in and use your index and middle finger putting one finger on each bud and hold them there on the surface of the buds until you see the light in the case start flashing red green and blue, then they should show up on any Bluetooth enabled phone/car/computer. Your Samsung phone has seamless pairing with the buds though so you only need to use this method if your phone doesn't automatically recognize the buds when you open the case after unpairing.
Megistic
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
Thank you. Yea, I realized it was from android auto. I was able to remove it. I appreciate your help. It was so annoying. The only way to stop it was to it back in the case.
Options
Galaxy Buds
Great! I'm glad that got resolved. That does sound like it would be a pretty big annoyance, especially since they wouldn't respond to touch commands to pause the audio. That's what let me know the buds likely needed it's connection to AA refreshed which can only really be done by unpairing from it. Putting them in the case is more of a pause on the connection when you needed a reset on the connection. That's the reason it continued when you took them back out of the case. Anyway, glad everything worked out! if you feel like I contributed to the fix, would you mind accepting my comment as the solution when you have a minute? You'd be surprised how few people actually use that feature and it helps this thread come up if anyone else ever has a similar issue. Much less reposting and happy Samsung mods!