JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How can I get the Visual Voicemail icon on the dialer app?

(Topic created: 11-27-2022 07:25 PM)
Options
Galaxy Fold

Does anyone know how I can get the visual voice of the icon back in the dialer app?

The Fold 3 had a video and voicemail icon. My Fold 4 doesn't have it. AT&T is telling me that it's a Samsung issue. 

Galaxy Fold 4 with AT&T

Galaxy Fold 3 with AT&T

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

@GettingStarted-app "The fold 4 is an unlocked phone from Samsung."

To see the voicemail icon there, you phone would need to be running AT&T firmware. Since the phone has unlocked firmware it will not show that icon.

View solution in context

11 Replies
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Fold

@GettingStarted-app Are they both AT&T network locked devices? or is the Fold 4 an unlocked device? 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Fold
The fold 3 is a Verizon phone but unlocked. The fold 4 is an unlocked phone from Samsung.
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Fold

@GettingStarted-app "The fold 4 is an unlocked phone from Samsung."

To see the voicemail icon there, you phone would need to be running AT&T firmware. Since the phone has unlocked firmware it will not show that icon.

Options
Galaxy Fold
Really? If this is the case then Samsung should really unify the experience with all carriers. I switched from an iPhone to a fold 3 and immediately updated to a Fold 4.

@Communityuser3049203 please make the software experience the same for all Samsung phones.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Fold

@GettingStarted-app Samsung can't add the icon to the unlocked firmware. Samsung doesn't have access to what a carrier adds to their custom firmware load. 

AT&T inserts the icon (and other pieces of software and settings) into the AT&T Samsung firmware load. Same for other carriers and their custom firmware. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Fold
That's the whole problem. Why should the carriers have a say in the firmware? All they need to do is customize the payload.

That's how Apple does it and it's been working great for them.

More over if you're new to Samsung and purchased your first Samsung from the used market. You may not realize that the Fold 4 is a Verizon model, AT&T or T-Mobile.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Fold

@GettingStarted-app Carriers own their network. They certainly can control the devices that connect to it. 

Apple is the 500 lb gorilla that every carrier bows to. Ever since the first iPhone, Apple has cowed the carriers into abiding by their demands. Samsung, Nokia, Blackberry. etc. all want (or wanted) the same treatment but carriers wouldn't allow it. 

0 Likes
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Fold
Look at the #1 pad... long press it! Mystery solved!
0 Likes
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Fold
As far as video calling, it's per contact. If you look at each contact's contact options, you'll see it there if available.
0 Likes