JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Google Messages: Message bouncing and text goes out of view

(Topic created: 02-10-2024 11:36 AM)
userPbomL5l2xD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

When typing messages with the Fold open, the message starts bouncing and typing goes below the view making it almost impossible to read. Can close the phone and keep typing without issue. Thought it was related to beta version of Messages, but removed and put normal version and same issue. Thought it was the keyboard, so changed to another and continues to do the same thing. Anyone else?

One UI version 6.0
Android version 14

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
geek1
Halo
Options
Galaxy Fold

It seems like you're facing an issue with the text entry in messages on your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold when the phone is open. First try open the Settings for Google Messages and turn off List Details line.

You can also try the following steps:

1. **Clear Cache and Data for Messages App:**
Clearing the cache and data of the Messages app can often resolve issues related to app behavior.

- Go to Settings > Apps > Messages.
- Tap on "Storage."
- Select "Clear Cache" and "Clear Data."

2. **Reset Keyboard Settings:**
If you suspect the issue might be related to the keyboard, you can reset the keyboard settings.

- Go to Settings > General management > Reset > Reset settings.
- Select "Reset settings."
- This won't delete your data but will reset system settings, including keyboard settings.

3. **Update Apps:**
Ensure that both the Messages app and your keyboard app are up-to-date. Check the Google Play Store for any available updates.

4. **Try a Different Keyboard App:**
Test the issue with a different keyboard app to see if the problem persists. If you're currently using the Samsung keyboard, try switching to Gboard or another third-party keyboard to check if the behavior changes.

5. **Check for System Updates:**
Make sure your device is running the latest software updates. Sometimes, system updates include bug fixes and improvements.

- Go to Settings > Software update > Download and install.

6. **Third-Party Messaging Apps:**
If the issue persists with the stock Messages app, consider testing with a third-party messaging app to see if the behavior is consistent across different apps.

7. **Safe Mode:**
Boot your device in Safe Mode to determine if a third-party app is causing the issue.

- Press and hold the power button until the power off menu appears.
- Long-press the "Power off" option until you see "Safe mode."
- Tap "Safe mode" to restart your device in Safe Mode.

8. **Contact Samsung Support:**
If the problem persists despite trying the above steps, it may be a good idea to contact Samsung support for more specific assistance. They may have insights into any known issues or provide further troubleshooting steps. 1-800-726-7864 or https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/ 

Since you've already tried switching to the non-beta version of the Messages app and a different keyboard, it's possible that the issue is related to the device or specific software configurations. Working with Samsung support may help in identifying and resolving the problem.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Solution
geek1
Halo
Options
Galaxy Fold

It seems like you're facing an issue with the text entry in messages on your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold when the phone is open. First try open the Settings for Google Messages and turn off List Details line.

You can also try the following steps:

1. **Clear Cache and Data for Messages App:**
Clearing the cache and data of the Messages app can often resolve issues related to app behavior.

- Go to Settings > Apps > Messages.
- Tap on "Storage."
- Select "Clear Cache" and "Clear Data."

2. **Reset Keyboard Settings:**
If you suspect the issue might be related to the keyboard, you can reset the keyboard settings.

- Go to Settings > General management > Reset > Reset settings.
- Select "Reset settings."
- This won't delete your data but will reset system settings, including keyboard settings.

3. **Update Apps:**
Ensure that both the Messages app and your keyboard app are up-to-date. Check the Google Play Store for any available updates.

4. **Try a Different Keyboard App:**
Test the issue with a different keyboard app to see if the problem persists. If you're currently using the Samsung keyboard, try switching to Gboard or another third-party keyboard to check if the behavior changes.

5. **Check for System Updates:**
Make sure your device is running the latest software updates. Sometimes, system updates include bug fixes and improvements.

- Go to Settings > Software update > Download and install.

6. **Third-Party Messaging Apps:**
If the issue persists with the stock Messages app, consider testing with a third-party messaging app to see if the behavior is consistent across different apps.

7. **Safe Mode:**
Boot your device in Safe Mode to determine if a third-party app is causing the issue.

- Press and hold the power button until the power off menu appears.
- Long-press the "Power off" option until you see "Safe mode."
- Tap "Safe mode" to restart your device in Safe Mode.

8. **Contact Samsung Support:**
If the problem persists despite trying the above steps, it may be a good idea to contact Samsung support for more specific assistance. They may have insights into any known issues or provide further troubleshooting steps. 1-800-726-7864 or https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/ 

Since you've already tried switching to the non-beta version of the Messages app and a different keyboard, it's possible that the issue is related to the device or specific software configurations. Working with Samsung support may help in identifying and resolving the problem.

userPbomL5l2xD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Why would I try #1 when it only does it when the fold is open and not closed?
Why would I try #2 when I've already done #4?
I've already updated via #3 and #5 and I have no updates available.
Not trying #6 as I have multiple friends/family that use the same and we have encrypted with delivery and read notifications.
#7 seems like a worse case and in no way a troubleshooting method.
#8 is the worst! Samsung support is the absolute worse. Long time user of these phone but all they really know to do is point the finger. Tell you to go to Best Buy or UbreakIfix and neither is helpful.

This happened after the last update, so guess I'll wait till the next for a fix.

Thanks for the suggestions!
majew
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

I'm having the same issue! I uninstalled and reinstalled and the issue stopped but then came back after I sent a few messages.

majew
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7Lnf4XXkgXCta52m7

Here's a video of the issue. 

FlashWing
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Sadly, I too am having the same issue. Was hoping someone knew of a fix? And it also cuts off my text I'm typing half the time so I can't even witness any typos
EnduroFever
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

Same issue for the last few weeks or so I think.

One UI 6.0
Android 14
Fold5