JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gallery backup with OneDrive question

(Topic created: 01-24-2024 06:31 AM)
userasroeChktv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I'm upgrading my note 20u to the s24u. I had a 512gb SD card which is almost full and it's all cameral roll.
I obviously can't use the SD in the s24u, so l'm gonna need to use OneDrive online only.

My question is, while connected to the internet, will I
still be able to open the gallery app and browse through all my camera roll as though the files were stored on my phone?

Second thing I was wondering about. I have my SD card backed up. After setting up my camera roll to online only will those files from my previous device appear in my new phone's gallery?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userasroeChktv "My question is, while connected to the internet, will Istill be able to open the gallery app and browse through all my camera roll as though the files were stored on my phone?"

Yes

"Second thing I was wondering about. I have my SD card backed up. After setting up my camera roll to online only will those files from my previous device appear in my new phone's gallery?"

If you copy the contents of the SD card to the same location in your OneDrive account, you will be  able to see all of the photos. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userasroeChktv "My question is, while connected to the internet, will Istill be able to open the gallery app and browse through all my camera roll as though the files were stored on my phone?"

Yes

"Second thing I was wondering about. I have my SD card backed up. After setting up my camera roll to online only will those files from my previous device appear in my new phone's gallery?"

If you copy the contents of the SD card to the same location in your OneDrive account, you will be  able to see all of the photos. 

0 Likes