JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Device Security Enhancement Requests

(Topic created: 03-04-2024 09:25 PM)
userNw8FEhvd61
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

After having a Samsung phone recently stolen, I have been getting very contentious of the built-in security features. I think that there are a few key ones that Samsung phones are missing right now, especially when compared to iPhones. The two key ones are the following:

- allow for certain phone settings to be locked behind a pin. This needs to be able to be a different pin than the device lock pin as otherwise a potential criminal could try to see you enter your screen lock (or use your fingerprints). These settings need to include things like the ability to turn off mobile data / wifi / bluetooth / location services so that the phone can still be tracked, delinking google or Samsung accounts, turning off "find my" and any other security related settings. Currently on an iPhone this can be done via the parental controls system.

- implement a setting similar to the "stolen device protection" settings on iPhones. See this link for an example: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212510

My S22 Ultra was used to steal my identity since it could be accessed and unlocked by only my fingerprints. These two settings could have significantly hampered the ability for that to happen.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
userNw8FEhvd61
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

One additional security feature that should be implemented is a way to activate the "lockdown" mode that can be enabled without having to interact with the phone screen (e.g. from within a pocket). This could be implemented with a button combination.

Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes