Original topic:

Blacklisted Phone

(Topic created: 03-25-2024 03:21 PM)
GhostlyDada
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I recently bought an S21 Ultra 5g from facebook marketplace and found out it is blacklisted. Is there anyway I can get it whitelisted again?
7 Replies
MarkC609
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
GhostlyDada, Unfortunately, if a carrier has decided to blacklist a device, it is almost impossible to get the carrier to remove it. You can look up the IMEI# online and see which carrier the device is locked to and possibly giving them a call and see what they say as it doesn't hurt but they cannot give any info on the actual account linked to that device.
GhostlyDada
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It is an unlocked samsung phone, I talked to support a couple of minutes ago, and they said the cannot unlcok it without proof of purchase.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@GhostlyDada You should contact the seller for a refund and return the phone. 

0 Likes
GhostlyDada
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I would have, but the phone is basically mint condition, and the esim is whitelisted
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm guessing the reason it was blacklisted is because it was stolen and the seller tried to make a quick buck by selling it to someone.  The seller either knew it was blacklisted and sold it anyway or didn't know.  Either way, good luck with getting any money back, but you should still try.  I guess the proof of purchase the carrier is asking for would be from a legitimate re-seller and/or you didn't get a proper receipt.  I am not clear on what marketplace you bought it from. Was it a seller on Amazon Marketplace? If it was, make a complaint to Amazon about the seller if you get no satisfaction.

0 Likes
GhostlyDada
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I meant to put facebook marketplace, and the crazy thing is he sold it for $150, I thought I was gonna have to repair it, but he sold it to me in basically mint condition, and I just found out the esim is whitelisted so im probably gonna keep it lowkey
0 Likes
3Fees
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Phones are blacklisted for balance due, lost or stolen.

Cheers
3fees
0 Likes