Original topic:

How to change colors?

(Topic created: 03-01-2024 08:50 AM)
userp9A6xSgyZ0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have old eyes that can't see some color combinations. How can I change the colors, or get higher contrast? Nothing I have tried seems to affect the weather app. I can't see the times and other items on the expanded screens. 
2 Replies
geek1
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21

Certainly! To improve visibility and increase contrast on your Samsung Galaxy S21, you can make adjustments to the display settings. Here's a step-by-step guide:

1. Open Settings:

• Swipe down from the top of the screen to access the notification panel.
    • Tap on the gear icon in the top-right corner or go to the Apps screen and find the "Settings" app.
  2. Navigate to Accessibility Settings:

• Scroll down and select "Accessibility."
  3. Adjust Vision Settings:

• Look for a section related to "Vision" or "Visibility."
    • Depending on your device's software version, it might be labeled differently, but it generally contains options to enhance visibility.
  4. Enable High Contrast Fonts or Invert Colors:

• Check for options like "High contrast fonts" or "Invert colors" and turn them on.
    • High contrast fonts can make text more readable, while inverting colors may provide better contrast.
  5. Adjust Screen Brightness:

• In the "Accessibility" settings, you can also find options to adjust the screen brightness. Increase the brightness to make content more visible.
  6. Use a Theme:

• Samsung devices often allow you to change the overall theme, including system colors. Look for a "Themes" option in the Settings app.
    • Choose a high-contrast or dark theme, as these can be easier on the eyes.
  7. Explore Vision Settings:

• In the Accessibility settings, explore other options like "Color adjustment" or "Screen color correction." Some devices provide granular control over color settings.
  8. Font Size and Style:

• Adjust the font size and style to make text more readable. This option is usually found in the "Display" or "Font" section within the Settings app.
  9. Explore Developer Options (Advanced):

• If you're comfortable with more advanced settings, you can enable Developer Options by tapping on "About phone" and tapping the build number multiple times.
    • In Developer Options, you may find additional settings related to animation scale and other display features that can be adjusted for better performance.
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@userp9A6xSgyZ0 If you visit phone settings -> Accessibility -> Vision enhancements you will find many high contrast options available.