Original topic:

No voice assistants are recognising my mic input

(Topic created: 03-27-2024 01:15 PM)
Ujussab
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I have been having problems with Google Assistant for a while so I tried switching to Bixby/Alexa. All three are having the same problem in that they won't recognise any voice input at all. This isn't an issue with my mic as I can make calls just fine (I've also tried using an external mic) but there seems to be some issue with the software that's not allowing any mic input through. I've tried a factory reset as well as resetting the individual apps but nothing has worked. I can't find anyone else with the same issues. Send help

2 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

Google Gemini is the new assistant app. download that and see how that works for you.

Options
Galaxy S21

I'm having the same issue. I tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions Samsung has provided and a Samsung tech support guy had control over my phone for almost 1 hour, and he couldn't figure out the problem. The mic still does not work for voice to text, Google Assistant or Bixby. Ever since Samsung has allowed Google to integrate more and more into Samsung phones, and have more control over our phones, the more problems Samsung users been having. I feel as if I'm using a Google  brand phone, not a Samsung phone. 

I have been buying Samsung phones since the Galaxy Note 2, but over the last 2-3 years, Samsung has been having constant and consistent mass issues with their phones, which is going to end up having me change to another brand. 

0 Likes