JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone call app does not work with voicemail

(Topic created: 02-26-2024 07:24 PM)
kenKnighten
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Does anyone have issues with the standard Phone call app installed on their Galaxy phones?

I have a S21. My phone app does not have any flexibility with voicemail. I have to dial *86 to check messages, like I did in the 90s. It will not allow me pre- enter my pass code. 
Has anyone dealt with this? 
Were you able to update the phone call app to make changes to its VM call in?
Is there a fix/option the app could include built in VM reader like on the IPhone?

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Since voicemail is a carrier-provided service, you should reach out to them regarding this. For me (T-Mobile), I hold 1 on the keypad to dial my voicemail and do not have to enter my pin.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Since voicemail is a carrier-provided service, you should reach out to them regarding this. For me (T-Mobile), I hold 1 on the keypad to dial my voicemail and do not have to enter my pin.
e8013585
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
If you use T-Mobile, there's an app named Visual Voicemail by T-Mobile, that shows all the voicemails you got.
Unfortunately I don't think there's a built-in voicemail.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Samsung does have a Visual Voicemail app, but I've heard that it may only be available on unlocked phones.

Some carriers have their own Visual Voicemail apps. I know the Play Store has such apps from AT&T, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, Boost, and Cricket. There may be others that I didn't see. 1709035954978.jpg
0 Likes