JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Edge lighting doesn't work when phone screen is off

(Topic created: 02-29-2024 06:06 AM)
Intŕù5ìv3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

My edge lighting doesn't work when my phone screen is off anymore . I tried color by keyword and it's the same thing . I tried the new app in goodlock but it only shows me the effect that I chose when I get a notification but the lighting doesn't come up . Any suggestions? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello there! If you have already made sure all of your settings are correct you can try to clear the cache of the device by following these steps.

With the device off, press and hold the Volume Up and Power keys.
When the device turns on and logo displays, release both keys.
Use the Volume keys to highlight wipe cache partition, then press the Power key.
Continue using the Volume and Power keys to confirm your choice if prompted.

If it's still not working correctly I would try to back up your information and then try a factory data reset by navigating to and opening Settings, and then tap General management. Swipe to and tap Reset, and then tap Reset all settings. Review the information, and then tap Reset settings. Tap Reset to confirm.

You can also submit an error report by going to the Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports.

If after everything the edge lighting is still not working I would have a certified technician take a look at it.

You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by calling customer support at 1-800-726-7864. For service outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html I do apologize for any inconvenience.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@Intŕù5ìv3 In phone settings -> Notifications -> Notification pop-up style  have you tried toggling the setting "Show even while screen is off"? 

0 Likes
Intŕù5ìv3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Yea, have all the correct settings turned on
0 Likes
Intŕù5ìv3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Pop up style - brief: apps to show all : and lighting style selected.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Do you have Brief as your notification pop-up style?
0 Likes
Intŕù5ìv3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Yea , I have all the correct settings toggled on
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello there! If you have already made sure all of your settings are correct you can try to clear the cache of the device by following these steps.

With the device off, press and hold the Volume Up and Power keys.
When the device turns on and logo displays, release both keys.
Use the Volume keys to highlight wipe cache partition, then press the Power key.
Continue using the Volume and Power keys to confirm your choice if prompted.

If it's still not working correctly I would try to back up your information and then try a factory data reset by navigating to and opening Settings, and then tap General management. Swipe to and tap Reset, and then tap Reset all settings. Review the information, and then tap Reset settings. Tap Reset to confirm.

You can also submit an error report by going to the Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports.

If after everything the edge lighting is still not working I would have a certified technician take a look at it.

You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by calling customer support at 1-800-726-7864. For service outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html I do apologize for any inconvenience.

0 Likes