JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone Controlling Itself after update

(Topic created: 05-05-2022 09:18 AM)
ReginaldX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

For the last two weeks, I've been dealing with my phone after that new update when anything that I do on the screen, it just does its own thing. No matter what I do it mistyped letters, changes apps on me, messes up conversations, etc. 

Even if I try to touch the screen, it backs into the sub-screen like I want to select another screen. The problem with that is that I'm nowhere even close to touching it. 

So Samsung, what can you say about this? Cause I've been through two of these phones in two weeks and still the same thing. 

Thank you 
9 Replies
Bruzeta
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
it is probably google; not Samsung😒
a-guppy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Turn off auto correct or make sure you have it set on Google setting . You can also lock your sceen in the setting so you don't have to accidentally move your icons by accident.
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

Here is my theory on why this is happening to several users.  You have no case on your phone, and the fingers that are holding the phone are creeping onto the touch screen of the curved edges.  This causes the touch screen to determine that your actual touch is happening at the center of all of the touches (be it 2, 3 or 4 inputs it is detecting)  In another post like this, it was suggested that they turn off the Touch Sensitivity option, to lower the sensitivity of touches on the screen.

Settings | Display | Touch sensitivity (turn off)

Hope this helps for you like it did for the others!

ReginaldX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
All of that has been turned off and it still does it
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

Do you have a case on the device?  If you are critical of how you hold it, is it possible that fingers, or even the palm of your hand are making contact with the curved edges?  Does this happen if you set your phone down on like a table or desk and then touch the screen (this eliminates side touches)? 

My Note 20 Ultra 5g does this when I take the case off, so is why I am thinking this is the issue for you and others.

ReginaldX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I saw that I had the touch sensitivity on and I turned it off lol. I'm going to give it a test run to make sure.

Yes I have a case but I also have a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G and never had this problem after almost two years.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm having a similar issue of "ghost touching bug". Notification panel keeps closing by itself and apps on my home page opening by itself too. It's beyond frustrating and annoying. Never had an issue with this on my note 20 ultra and other previous flagship devices.

Samsung needs to release the May 2022 update with bug fixes now for the unlocked s22 series....
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for reaching out. I understand your frustration with your touch screen. If your phone or tablet is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe mode feature. In Safe mode, your device won't run any third-party apps. Please give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information, and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and IMEI number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

ReginaldX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah I'm still having the problem even with the touch sensitivity turned off. So Samsung really needs to fix this issue as it looks like it came with this past update and you can only remove the update by resetting your phone and I'm not trying to do that.