Original topic:

S22 locked, no shut down 24hrs to try again

(Topic created: 02-05-2024 02:32 PM)
JJudge
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Please help me, 

Short/long story, last year, I sent my mobile for a screen replacement,  received it back, I'm sure I was able to login then, so they didn't (I'm not 100% sure) they put a lock on, I did call to confirm.  I've been trying to unlock with all my known "pins" but no luck. I tried the Google find, does not find my mobile with and without sim in. Now its locked for 24 hours (this was after many tries with different pins), I  cannot shut down or get into temporary mode, I can access emergency phone dial pad only, so tried imei and other codes but nothing  😞 please help 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
geek1
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're facing with your locked phone. If you've exhausted attempts to unlock it and are currently in a situation where your device is locked for 24 hours, here are some steps you can take:

1. **Wait for 24 Hours:**
Since your device is locked for 24 hours, it's important to wait until the lockout period expires. During this time, do not attempt further unlock attempts, as it may extend the lockout time.

2. **Contact Manufacturer or Service Provider:**
If you believe the screen replacement might have caused the issue, it's advisable to contact the manufacturer or the service provider who performed the screen replacement. They may be able to provide guidance on unlocking the device.

3. **Google Account Recovery:**
If your phone is associated with a Google account, you can try the following steps after the 24-hour lockout period:

- Ensure your phone has an active internet connection.
- Go to the Google Account Recovery page (https://g.co/recover) on a computer or another device.
- Follow the prompts to verify your identity and reset your Google account password if needed.
- Once the password is reset, try unlocking your phone using the new password.

4. **Factory Reset (Last Resort):**
If all else fails, you may need to consider a factory reset. Please note that a factory reset will erase all data on your device. To perform a factory reset:

- Power off your device.
- Press and hold the volume up button along with the power button until the recovery menu appears.
- Use the volume buttons to navigate to "Wipe data/factory reset" and confirm with the power button.
- After the reset is complete, reboot your device.

If none of the above steps work, it's recommended to reach out to your device manufacturer or service provider for further assistance. They may provide specific instructions or recommend additional steps to help you unlock your device without losing data.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
geek1
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're facing with your locked phone. If you've exhausted attempts to unlock it and are currently in a situation where your device is locked for 24 hours, here are some steps you can take:

1. **Wait for 24 Hours:**
Since your device is locked for 24 hours, it's important to wait until the lockout period expires. During this time, do not attempt further unlock attempts, as it may extend the lockout time.

2. **Contact Manufacturer or Service Provider:**
If you believe the screen replacement might have caused the issue, it's advisable to contact the manufacturer or the service provider who performed the screen replacement. They may be able to provide guidance on unlocking the device.

3. **Google Account Recovery:**
If your phone is associated with a Google account, you can try the following steps after the 24-hour lockout period:

- Ensure your phone has an active internet connection.
- Go to the Google Account Recovery page (https://g.co/recover) on a computer or another device.
- Follow the prompts to verify your identity and reset your Google account password if needed.
- Once the password is reset, try unlocking your phone using the new password.

4. **Factory Reset (Last Resort):**
If all else fails, you may need to consider a factory reset. Please note that a factory reset will erase all data on your device. To perform a factory reset:

- Power off your device.
- Press and hold the volume up button along with the power button until the recovery menu appears.
- Use the volume buttons to navigate to "Wipe data/factory reset" and confirm with the power button.
- After the reset is complete, reboot your device.

If none of the above steps work, it's recommended to reach out to your device manufacturer or service provider for further assistance. They may provide specific instructions or recommend additional steps to help you unlock your device without losing data.

0 Likes
JJudge
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi Geek1,

Thank you so much for your prompt and helpful response! I wanted to update you that I reached out to Samsung tech support, and they were able to assist me in resolving the issue. They guided me through the steps to regain access to my mobile, and I'm happy to report that everything is working smoothly now.

I appreciate your willingness to help and the valuable suggestions you provided. It's great to have a supportive community like this.

Best regards,
JJudge