Original topic:

Unable to access Secure Folder

(Topic created: 09-06-2022 05:53 AM)
userd60ikviKun
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

S22 Ultra on September 5th update.

I set up Secure Folder at some point and can't remember the password. Now, I have a permanent notification stating that the Secure Folder is locked. When I tap the notification, it asks for my Secure Folder password. I enter something wrong, and it says I need to wait 30 seconds before trying again. I never get the Forgot Password Link that has been mentioned here. At this point, I'd rather just remove the Secure Folder but every time I try to access the Secure Folder settings, I am asked for the password. Any suggestions?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Options
Galaxy S22
Did you enter the reset screen from the method I described? Because this is what it should look like. I'm sorry that you need to wait so long to try again, but you shouldn't get different results if you follow the steps that I've screenshot exactly. Zombodroid_13112022045406_1000002480_1668376448.jpg
0 Likes
SSBN640
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
First of all - thank you for your assistance, especially on a Sunday afternoon... as far as your screenshots - on the 3rd panel where you show a numeric keyboard, I get a regular keyboard. Nevertheless I enter a different code from my list of various 4 digit codes (does it have to be 5?) And then where your screen goes to one that shows the "forgot pin" link - I just get the lockout timer :timer_clock:️ If it makes any difference I am constantly signed into my Samsung account in tge background. I noticed yours was not on the 5th panel. It seems that on your system the Samsung account password is controlling access to the reset of both the account and secure folder. Mine is just not setup that way.
Options
Galaxy S22
I found a previous post that may explain why you don't get the "Reset Pin" option. Did you access the folder on a previous phone? Either way, please read this post, particularly the long response about how the user decided to just delete the folder. I actually don't have an option to delete the folder or its contents (I need to delete individually or select all, but no option to just delete the folder). It may be a last resort option, if nothing else works. If you're not ready to try that yet, can you please provide a screenshot of how your screen is different. I am, btw, logged into my Samsung account, but it requires me to re-enter my password to access the secure folder settings. Also, the pin# is only 4 digits, no option for 5 digits.
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/Secure-Folder-Locked-Out-Can-t-Reset-HELP/td-p/1...
SSBN640
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes I did access it on a A10e then just migrated everything to this phone (S22) I will take a look at the other thread. My job requires me to be up around 0430 my time (CDT) so I'm not sure how much more time I can devote to this effort today, but once again thank you for your knowledge and kind assistance.
Members_IR8zDs0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I have the same problem of being unable access or recover my forgotten pin for my security folder. I have a Galaxy S20+. In following the steps exactly as you describe, no matter which way I select 'Forgot Password' (whether from the Secure Folder sign-in page, or from starting these steps from the Setting Menu as you illustrate), after I select 'Forgot Password', it goes nowhere from there...just a blank dark screen with a rotating progress circle that stays infinitely. BTW this all started immediately after I installed the latest Samsung Software UPDATE on my phone this evening.

Now showing Current version: G986U1UES3FVK4 / G986U1OYM3FVK4/ G986U1UES3FVK4

Security patch level: December 1, 2022

cowboydelt2023
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I'm getting the exact same problem with the rotating arrow after the reset window.....

I have S10+ and software updates are up-to-date.  I forgot my secure folder password and cannot get to the screen to reset it. Any successful suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Members_I8EKQf5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I am at this point with the Secure Folder.  How do you sign in as null and reset the Secure Folder lock?  I have tried everything to do this but nothing works.

Screenshot_20221214_125033_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Members_I8EKQf5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I should add that I have a Z Fold phone.

0 Likes
Mynka
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm having the same exact issue. I've done everything suggested here and even when I try to uninstall it, it doesn't actually uninstall. Now when I try to move some apps to my SD card, the secure folder pops up and I can't even move the app. This is ridiculous! 🫤
personanon
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Hey. Don't sweat it. I don't have anything older than s21 March 2021. 6 devices. All bunked. Especially the missing update for windows new edge and the elimination of internet explorer. C'mon. Samsung rented us their goods for 10 years now it's no take back and delete....oh. hi Microsoft. Oh. You didn't come with the necessary updates for edge. My cpu is fried isn't that a 3rd party app and violates TOS. Uh. This is Galaxy note go number 2 both still under warranty. What do we do. I got both from Same place. I surmise the bit locker recover tool required for a clean install and don't download chrome until you get a dig cert! FYI. I love Samsung and will never want any other type phone. 2014! Actually had briefly 2010-13
0 Likes