Original topic:

Wish list for future features in a smartphone

(Topic created: 09-20-2022 03:28 PM)
user773Q1TA8qU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello to all current and future members. I am a new member but have been an avid Samsung user since the Note 4. Im making this post to give us a platform to voice our most desired features in a smartphone.

I would like to start by pointing out that the Note 4, imo, was the perfect blend of form and function.

It had an SD card slot for our photos, videos, and files. 

It had a headphone jack for porting to a home stereo or even desktop 2.1 speakers (my personal fav).

The backplate was removeable to quickly change out the battery.

And who could forget the awesome IR blaster. My home theater remote was always in my hand and never ran out of batteries!

There were also a suite of other helpful sensors such as the oxygen sensor accelerometer and more.

Im happy to confirm I used that phone until the Note 7 came out and even though it was plagued with bad batteries and had to be returned shortly after receiving it, I remained loyal to Samsung, opting to adopt the S7 Active. I contined with this phone until the S10+ came out and I was overjoyed to use the glitchy Next radio ap for over the air fm broadcast, even though Samsung included a native tuner in overseas or should I say Korean local phones.

Now I have the S22 Ultra and am enjoying this phones great suite of cameras and support of wifi6 to help save my battery.

I am using samsung buds pro but am missing the headphone jack and would not hesitate to trade this phone in for a newer model if it has an sd slot, headphone jack, and dare I wish for a removeable back for battery access, and an fm radio receiver. While Im making a wish list, reintroduce the IR blaster and build in blu-tooth control for my firestick and other devides.

Thank you for listening Samsung, we cant wait to see your new creations and hope to see some "old" features reintroduced.

Alright gang, the floodgates are open, post your cellphone wishlist!

3 Replies
DarkPhox
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
Unfortunately I don't think any of those features are going to be coming back

Would love to have the SD card slot back
userhpcPG49QRO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I have used Samsung starting with the original Galaxy S. I migrate through the S3, Note 2, 4, 9, and 20 Ultra 5G. During this time, my wife and daughter have had the S10, and S22, and Note 3, 9, 20. Having been the local IT support at home, I've worked with each of the devices quite a bit. I've seen the loss of the 3.5mm earphone jack, generations with terrible battery life, and great improvements in both camera resolution and low light sensitivity. But the worst, most important loss to me, is the user added microSD card option. I travel a lot where data connections are poor, and I rely heavily on the added 512GB Samsung microSD card (often about 2/3 full) I have onboard. The missing 3.5mm jack is easily replaced with a USB-C adapter cable. But paying several times the microSD cost for a model with internally soldered on lower capacity storage is... stupid, sorry Samsung. I don't "defy" spring some things to cloud (though not sensitive data), I just cannot access it in many areas reliably, essentially making the data not there/ available. That's not ok.

I applaud the split screen Android apps, DEX is amazing, the USB-C OTG connectivity with low cost hubs makes a Note 20 Ultra 5G into a virtual desktop PC, collectable to a hotel TV via HDMI, usable with mouse & keyboard. But the microSD missing - that must come back for my next Samsung Note large screen purchase. Until then, hopefully the Note 20 Ultra will keep going strong.
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes