JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Android auto not working with new Ultra S 23 phone

(Topic created: 02-27-2023 12:54 PM)
userFg1Jk588Ku
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
When I connect this new phone to my car it doesn't recognize andriod auto. When using the ultra s20 it works. This is in a 2021 audi q5

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userFg1Jk588Ku
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I found a solution!!!! I Purchased a new cable from Amazon for$10 and now it works....SUNGUY 3FT USB C Cable, USB C to USB 3.1 USB 3.2 Gen2 10Gbps USB A to C Data Fast Charging Android Auto

View solution in context

22 Replies
Saldivar
Star
Options
Galaxy S23
Good luck, S22 ultra connects randomly as well.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@userFg1Jk588Ku I would recommend checking to see if there is an update to your car's smart system. 

After updating to Android 13 we had trouble connecting to our Ford. It turns out that Ford released an update to their Sync system to be compatible with the latest Android Auto update. It was an easy update. Download the update to a flash drive, plug the drive into the car, follow a few steps and it was updated. 

0 Likes
adawnrnc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I have a 2021 VW and it works fine. The very first time I used the Google assistant to track a route which allowed me to accept permission from my phone
0 Likes
RenBeingGhost
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I have no issue on S23 Ultra with a Hyundai car. When I switched to S22 Ultra from Note 10+, I had AA issue. Turned out, it was the cable! Try using the cable that comes in the box with the phone.
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
All I did was remove all devices and paired new. So far no problems.
0 Likes
userBU50yYgUFA
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Same issues. Have a 2021 Subaru. Have tried 4 cables, clearing cache, Uninstall. No luck.
0 Likes
Stoj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Same problem.  I drive a 2019 Q5 and my new Galaxy S23 won't even launch Android Auto when connected via cable.  When I connect that same cable to my Galaxy S20, Android Auto launches. I switch the cable back to the S23 and Android Auto disappears. I've tried clearing cache and updating Android auto. I can get the S23 phone calling to work through the car with smartphone connection, but the actual Android Auto functionality is not there at all. 

MAG96
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
S23 ultra inst working with my cadillac. Have to use aftermarket wires adapter for it to work.
0 Likes
salahmufeed
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I have connection problems with wireless Android auto it would work for a day or two then it will give a notification that says ( Remove Bluetooth and pair again) and it had been a week or so I don't know if it's the s23u or the Android auto app