Original topic:

What does these codes that are in dialer mean?

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Young9876
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

I have looked everywhere I can think of, I called Verizon Wireless they don't use the codes that I have, I called the manufacturer and they haven't found it yet, I'm waiting for a supervisor to call me back but I'm not hopeful...

I have accountability software on my kid's phone, and I see they are putting numbers into the phone dialer.

1911#1933# 777777
1933#7

I couldn't find anything so I put 1911#1933# into the dialer and pressed send. It flash a quick message about MMI accepted, then the next call I received was from a private number, which it was my husband so it should not have been. After that phone calls came through according to how they should show on caller ID. 

Can anybody tell me what these codes are? I am at a loss here. I don't know if my kid is trying to keep phone numbers off of the phone bill, or what. I also see scent and received text messages that are 999-999-9999. So kid is texting that number and receiving from that number. 
6 Replies
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23

Sounds like you need to have a talk with your kid.

Young9876
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
His lips are sealed...

I can't find these codes anywhere. If you have a reference where I can look them up so at least I know what's happening I would greatly appreciate it.
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
Thats the time to take the phone away - clearly he is up to no good. I think there used to be apps that would only allow calls/texts to and from a white list of numbers. I dont use the phone's parental controls, so I don't know what it controls, but if you are using the family link, I assume it's part of that.
0 Likes
terminator9
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
how old are the kids ? thesw are random non existent numbers but the 999 number is when caller id is blocked ...
0 Likes
Young9876
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Teenage.

What's wild is the code that I entered made the next person that call me appear as 999-999-9999 on the phone bill. It's my husband. I believe that code is what did it. I can't find anything about these codes though.
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23

They actually don't even seem like real codes, since phone codes usually begin and end with a # or *.  (* to turn on an action and # to turn off an action.)  So, if those two codes are input without the activators, they will do nothing.  It's the code that is surrounded by # that may do something, but that is an end code, not a start code.

Sounds like he is experimenting with things, but if he won't tell you what he is doing, that's another issue entirely.

0 Likes