JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to STOP Note app starting after phone call

(Topic created: 09-06-2023 07:02 AM)
Freakylop
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi, My wife and I both have the S23, when I receive or start a phone call this annoying popup starts, with notepad and create checklist and the weather with information such as private number, duration etc. Whereas my wife's phone does not do this.

The question is,  how do I remove this? Many people have asked the question but no-one seems to know an answer.

Thanks in advance

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-06 at 14.59.27.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-09-06 at 14.58.04.jpeg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Freakylop
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

From.   Thanks for the help @LongHiker  and @TipsyTrex .  The #notepad is the culprit.(as it could only be) I uninstalled it and the calls are as they should be.  As an experiment I did re-install the notepad and it did ask permission to use calls/texts and voice services, which I do not remember agreeing to 1st time.  I would say the problem is resolved.  Many Thanks(image for those who need it)WhatsApp Image 2023-09-06 at 21.50.58.jpeg

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
That doesn't appear to be a Samsung app, I've never seen one like it before and it has a completely different (and very old) UI design, and given that it's not on your wife's phone it's probably not carrier bloat. It's probably some third party app that needs to be uninstalled. Go to settings>apps to see a full list of apps on your phone, then look for something that might be responsible and uninstall it.
0 Likes
Freakylop
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Thanks TipsyTrex,  Thanks for the reply.

I had this same thing on my S22 and again my wife did'nt so when I got the S23 I had a fresh install.  I did not import anything, yet it was still there from the first call, before I installed anything.  I will look to to see if there are any rogue apps but I won't hold my breath.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@Freakylop As a troubleshooting step, boot into safe mode. If this does not occur while booted in safe mode, you know that it is 3rd party software causing this. 

Freakylop
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

@LongHiker , You are right, it's a 3rd party App doing it.  Not a sign in safe mode.

I suppose just delete an App one at a time to see which one it is.  I will compare with my wife's phone first to see if there is anything obvious.

Options
Galaxy S23
Mine does that when I use the new York times app
0 Likes
Solution
Freakylop
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

From.   Thanks for the help @LongHiker  and @TipsyTrex .  The #notepad is the culprit.(as it could only be) I uninstalled it and the calls are as they should be.  As an experiment I did re-install the notepad and it did ask permission to use calls/texts and voice services, which I do not remember agreeing to 1st time.  I would say the problem is resolved.  Many Thanks(image for those who need it)WhatsApp Image 2023-09-06 at 21.50.58.jpeg

0 Likes