Original topic:

RCS Chat stuck on setting up.

(Topic created: 02-28-2024 08:54 PM)
MaryGalaxyS23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
When I turn on my RCS Chat in google messages, it's stuck on setting up and trying to verify my phone number. I turned it on and off again and turned my phone on and off and nothing works. My carrier is Spectrum and they do allow RCS Chat. I've used it before a couple of weeks ago and then turned it off cause I wasn't sure if I wanted to use it or not but decided to try it again and now when I turn it on, it says - Status: "Setting up" in red letters and underneath it says - "Verifying phone number". Does anyone know how to fix this?
25 Replies
Rivs5
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Have you tried deleting the Google Messages apps and redownloading it?
0 Likes
MaryGalaxyS23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
It won't let me delete or uninstall the app, it's pre-installed, I can only diable it. I tried that and also deleted the cache and data and started over.
0 Likes
KathyL07
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Look to see if you have the 3 dots beside the Settings>Apps>Google Messages page. If you do, you can uninstall the updates, which is pretty much the whole app. Then, go to the playstore and download it again.
0 Likes
MaryGalaxyS23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Ok, I'll give that a try. Thank you! Update: Didn't work. Shoot! Thank you though.
Rivs5
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Ok you might have to reach out to your carrier to see if they can fix it for you on their end.
0 Likes
MaryGalaxyS23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Thank you!
0 Likes
jblatt07869
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm in the same boat! S24 ultra stuck on setting up RCS even tried deleting the updates clearing the cash and clearing the data
0 Likes
MaryGalaxyS23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Did yoy by chance get a new SIM card recently? Cause I did not to long ago, so I'm wondering if that's why, and they forgot to include something on that to activate the RCS chats.
0 Likes
jblatt07869
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I actually switched from an s24+ to S 24 Ultra like 2 days ago
0 Likes